What is websearch.soft-quick.info?
websearch.soft-quick.info is a browser hijacker that infiltrates your computer bundled with free of charge software. It is compatible with Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox. When it enters your computer, the intruder immediately changes your homepage to Websearch.soft-quick.info, while localmoxie.com becomes your new search engine. All these change are made without your authorization and should not be tolerated. We recommend to remove websearch.soft-quick.info from your computer, before it manages to cause even more serious problems.
What does websearch.soft-quick.info do?
Like all the other hijackers, websearch.soft-quick.info generates revenue for every click on the sponsored links. This pay-per-click system guarantees that the intruder will do anything to induce the user to click the link. This application puts a lot of effort into making you click the links and advertisements that earns money for the hijacker.
First of all, you will not be able to trust the provided search results, because the software will ensure that they are crammed with additional links. Not only it will make the searches very tiresome (because you will have to separate the unrelated links), but it also will make them very dangerous. The hijacker never checks the third parties it promotes which means that it may be promoting cyber criminals. If you enter a malicious website after clicking the link, you will definitely get infected with malware. Unfortunately, the same goes for the presented advertisements. They may belong to the same parties and be even more dangerous. Remember that this software follows Internet activities and when it knows enough about your habits and interests, it personalizes the ads. It can be quite difficult not to click the ads provided by this hijacker. It would be much safer, if you delete websearch.soft-quick.info from your PC.
This hijacker travels using the deceptive marketing method called bundling. It means that websearch.soft-quick.info infiltrated your computer with free of charge software from some suspicious website. Nowadays, many pages like softonic.com, soft32.com, download.com use potentially unwanted programs to monetize their free downloads. If you frequently install freeware from these sources, be more careful and attentive during the procedure. Monitor every step of the installation wizard and do not let untrustworthy software infiltrate your system.
How to remove websearch.soft-quick.info?
We advise to purchase an authentic and powerful computer software application to terminate websearch.soft-quick.info from your PC. After websearch.soft-quick.info removal, the tool will stay in your system to protect it from similar threats in the future. If you are determined to do everything by yourself, you should follow the instructions which are displayed under this article.
- Click Windows key + R and type in Control Panel.
- Tap Enter and open Uninstall a program.
- Find and uninstall websearch.soft-quick.info.
Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Click Start and access Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and get rid of websearch.soft-quick.info.
- Access Start menu and click Control Panel.
- Choose Add or Remove programs and remove websearch.soft-quick.info.
Erase websearch.soft-quick.info from your browsers
- Press Alt+X and move to Manage add-ons.
- Go to Toolbars and Extensions and remove/delete suspicious applications.
- Click Search Providers on the left.
- Eliminate the unwanted search engine and designate another one instead.
- Save changes and close window. Tap Alt+X again.
- Go to Internet Options, under the General tab, replace current home page address with your desired one. Choose OK.
- Click Ctrl+Shift+A in order to open the Add-ons Manager tab.
- In the Extensions menu, click Remove next to unknown extension. Close the tab.
- Press Alt+T and open Options.
- Under General tab, replace the current home page address with the one that you like.
- Click OK and close the menu.
- Pick the icon in the Search box at the top right corner of Firefox window.
- Choose Manage Search engines, erase the unwanted search engine and set a new one as your default search engine.
- Click OK.
- Press Alt+F and access Tools.
- Go to Extensions and remove all undesirable extensions via the trash can.
- Tap Settings on the left, under On Startup, choose Open a page or a set of pages.
- Click Set pages, terminate the current home page address and type in your desired one. Click OK.
- Under Search, tap Manage search engines.
- Set another search engine as your default one, and remove the unwanted tool.
- Click Done and restart the browser.
PC-Threats Recommended Software
Malwarebytes is a high quality anti-malware application that promises to protect the users from malware attacks. We are of the opinion that you will find this software easy to use and will experience ... MoreDownload
Spyhunter is a powerful anti-malware utility that can take care of your computer system. It works both as malware prevention and removal tool. Spyhunter is user-friendly and has an interface that is v... MoreDownload
STOPzilla is a trustworthy anti-malware application that can detect, block and remove malicious programs from your PC. It is capable of dealing with Trojans, spyware, ransomware, browser hijackers, po... MoreDownload