Usearchmedia.com Removal Instructions
Usearchmedia.com is actually a browser hijacker that changes user’s home page and default search engine without permission. As soon as it enters your computer, the application takes over all major browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox.
This virus is very similar to mystartsearch.com, webssearches.com, and isearch.omiga-plus.com. You should stay away from this intruder and avoid clicking the presented links or ads. Your best option is to terminate Usearchmedia.com from your computer.
How did Usearchmedia.com enter your system?
Like many other hijackers, Usearchmedia.com usually enters your computer together with freeware. That may happen to you, if you use suspicious and unofficial websites to acquire free software. It may come bundled with such programs as VuuPC, PC Cleaner, PC Speed Up, and many other similar applications. In order to avoid these unwanted additions, you should learn to monitor the installation wizard more closely. Always select Advanced or Custom installation and follow every step of the procedure. When you notice the boxes that inform about the undesirable programs, uncheck them.
What does Usearchmedia.com do?
The changed settings are usually the first thing the users notice when this hijacker enters their systems. The intruder presents you with a different search tool, so that it could control your search results. Do not forget that the application earns money by promoting the third parties. Thus, when you perform searches the hijacker will add sponsored links and advertisements to your search results hoping that you will click them. However, we urge you to stay away from the search tool and to avoid using the provided results. Not only you will spend a lot of time filtering through the messy data, but you can also get routed to a malignant website. If that happens, chances are that your system will be infected with malware. Needless to say, you should do everything to avoid such situation. We advise not to delay any longer and to perform Usearchmedia.com removal now.
If you attempt to undo the changes made by this software, you will not be successful. The truth is that the intruder installs two extensions when it enters your PC. One extension is Search Engine and the other is Fast Start. Also, this hijacker may alter your Target line which would ensure that the Usearchmedia.com is restored. In order to deal with this problem, you need to delete Usearchmedia.com altogether.
How to remove Usearchmedia.com?
Under this article you will find step by step instructions on how to eliminate Usearchmedia.com. If you will follow these guidelines carefully, you should be able to remove Usearchmedia.com by yourself. Of course, you can also choose automatic Usearchmedia.com removal. For that you will need to employ a reputable anti-spyware and to scan your PC.
Fix your Target line
1. Right-click your browser’s shortcut and click Properties.
2. Navigate to the Target line and erase everything after the program’s executable.
1. In the bottom right corner of the screen, choose Settings.
2. Click Control Panel and open Uninstall a program.
3. Uninstall Usearchmedia.com.
1. Click Start and access Control Panel.
2. Go to Add or Remove programs.
3. Remove Usearchmedia.com from your PC.
Windows Vista & Windows 7
1. Open Start menu.
2. Select Control Panel.
3. Tap Uninstall a program and Uninstall Usearchmedia.com.
Erase Usearchmedia.com from your browsers
1. Press Alt+X and open Manage add-ons. Select Toolbars and Extensions.
2. Remove the unwanted extensions and go to Search Providers on the left.
3. Delete the unwanted search engine and designate another one.
4. Save the changes and close window. Press Alt+X once more
5. In the Internet Options, replace the current home page address with another one. Click OK.
1. At the same time click Ctrl+Shift+A in order to the Add-ons Manager tab.
2. You should be on the Extensions menu. Now, choose Remove next to the suspicious extensions.
3. Select the tab and press Alt+T. Move to Options.
4. Under General tab, delete/change the home page and tap OK.
5. Leave the menu and select the search icon in the Search box. Click Manage Search engines.
6. Remove the unwanted search engine and set a new one as your default. Click OK.
1. Press Alt+F and go to Tools. Open Extensions and remove all unknown extensions (via the trash can).
2. Tap Settings and select Open a page or a set of pages. Click Set pages.
3. Terminate the current home page and enter address of your desired one. Choose OK.
4. Under Search, pick Manage search engines and choose/delete your search engine. Click Done and restart the browser.
PC-Threats Recommended Software
Malwarebytes is a high quality anti-malware application that promises to protect the users from malware attacks. We are of the opinion that you will find this software easy to use and will experience ... MoreDownload
Spyhunter is a powerful anti-malware utility that can take care of your computer system. It works both as malware prevention and removal tool. Spyhunter is user-friendly and has an interface that is v... MoreDownload
STOPzilla is a trustworthy anti-malware application that can detect, block and remove malicious programs from your PC. It is capable of dealing with Trojans, spyware, ransomware, browser hijackers, po... MoreDownload