TrackAPackage Toolbar Removal Guide
Developed by Mindspark Interactive Network, Inc., TrackAPackage Toolbar is another potentially unwanted application (PUA) that has an ability to make your browsing sessions much less pleasant. The software can enter your computer in a clandestine manner, present you with suspicious toolbar, and changed settings in Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox. The provided toolbar will have such quick access buttons like Express Email and Regional Carriers and will also give you an additional Ask.com search box.
According to the creators of this PUA, the application will help users track their packages efficiently. We recommend to read this article and to find out why our researchers recommend to delete TrackAPackage Toolbar.
How does TrackAPackage Toolbar work?
As soon as the toolbar enters your computer, it starts suspicious activities. First of all, you will notice that the application modified your homepage and default search engine. This will happen to all the users who fail to deselect the box that announces these changes during the installation procedure. Ask.com is a legitimate search tool and can provide you with genuine search results. Unfortunately, the results themselves cannot be trusted, since this tool is known for the promotion of the third parties’ pages. This means that you will not know if the links and ads you see are safe. If you enter a suspicious page, you may encounter malicious parties and even get infected with malware. Before that happens, remove TrackAPackage Toolbar.
Another thing you should worry about is the recording of your data this toolbar preforms. The application uses the gathered data to make the ads more interesting and attractive by personalizing them. The idea is that user will be more inclined to click the ads which correspond to their latest searchers, clicks, visited pages, and so on. If this spying does not seem acceptable to you, terminate TrackAPackage Toolbar right now.
Finally, you should consider the fact that although it is possible to acquire TrackAPackage Toolbar from its official site, in many cases the software enters new system using a well know distribution method called ‘bundling’. Many potentially undesirable applications are spread using this deceptive marketing method. In order to protect yourself from similar entrances, you should always choose Advanced or Custom installation option and read the provided software license agreement. In this document, look for the additional programs and deselect them.’
How to remove TrackAPackage Toolbar?
If you find this toolbar more annoying than useful, get rid of TrackAPackage Toolbar following the instructions provided below. If you follow them closely, you will be able to uninstall all parts of this intruder. Another option is to employ a reputable computer security software and let it eliminate TrackAPackage Toolbar for you. Whichever way you choose to deal with this issue, do not delay any longer and uninstall TrackAPackage Toolbar.
Delete TrackAPackage Toolbar
- Navigate to the right corner of the screen and wait for the Charm menu to appear.
- Select Settings and choose Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a program and uninstall TrackAPackage Toolbar.
- Tap Start and go to Control Panel.
- Open Add or Remove programs.
- Remove TrackAPackage Toolbar.
Windows Vista and Windows 7
- Access Start menu and pick Control Panel.
- Tap Uninstall a program and eliminate TrackAPackage Toolbar.
Erase TrackAPackage Toolbar from your browsers
- Press the Gear icon and pick Internet Options.
- Overwrite your home page in the General tab.
- Tap the Gear icon again and open Manage Add-ons.
- Go to Toolbars and Extensions and delete unwanted add-ons.
- Open Search Providers and change/remove a search engine.
- Press the menu and choose Options.
- Open General tab and replace your home page with another.
- Go to Search tab and change/delete your search tool.
- Tap on the menu again and access Add-ons.
- Terminate unwanted extensions.
- Navigate to the menu and open Settings.
- Press Set pages and overwrite your home page.
- Under Search, choose Manage search engine.
- Select a new search provider and remove the old one.
- In the Extensions, erase useless add-ons.
PC-Threats Recommended Software
Malwarebytes is a high quality anti-malware application that promises to protect the users from malware attacks. We are of the opinion that you will find this software easy to use and will experience ... MoreDownload
Spyhunter is a powerful anti-malware utility that can take care of your computer system. It works both as malware prevention and removal tool. Spyhunter is user-friendly and has an interface that is v... MoreDownload
STOPzilla is a trustworthy anti-malware application that can detect, block and remove malicious programs from your PC. It is capable of dealing with Trojans, spyware, ransomware, browser hijackers, po... MoreDownload