TBNotifier.exe Removal Guide
Signed by APN LLC, TBNotifier.exe is an executable file that belongs to Ask Toolbar which currently resides in your system. If you see these two components in your computer, you certainly do not need to panic. Neither the file nor the toolbar are malicious.
However, you should know that Ask Toolbar is often classified as a potentially unwanted application and is often spread alongside freeware. The executable process can be found in C:Program FilesAskPartnerNetworkToolbarUpdater folder. The users who wish to get rid of TBNotifier.exe will have to delete Ask Toolbar from their PC too.
What does TBNotifier.exe do?
As we already explained, TBNotifier.exe is a part of Ask Toolbar and is essential for this application to run. The toolbar looks quite trustworthy at first sight. However, the moment it enters user’s computer, it changes your home pages and default search engines to Ask.com. While the provided search tool is not dangerous or malicious, you should not trust it either. Even though Ask.com presents original search results, it also works with the third parties. Consequently, your results will be filled with sponsored links and promoted advertisements. Also, you should know that this application holds no responsibility over the contents of the presented ads or links which means that it does not check the third parties that own them. You should not use search engine which at any moment can expose your to malignant content. We advise to remove TBNotifier.exe before your computer got infected with malware.
Another reason to eliminate TBNotifier.exe and the related software is its suspicious distribution method. While it is possible to acquire the toolbar directly, it is mostly distributed in freeware bundles. If you often download free of charge software from suspicious pages, you should be very attentive during the installation process. Follow every step of it and make sure that no other additional software slithers into your PC without permission. For that you will need to choose Advanced or Custom option and monitor every step of the procedure. Once you notice the boxes that announce additional applications, click the Decline button. If the program is already in your PC, you should take care of its removal which will also allow you to delete TBNotifier.exe.
How to remove TBNotifier.exe?
The only way to erase TBNotifier.exe is by uninstalling Ask Toolbar. We advise to purchase a reputable computer security application and let it deal with this issue. However, if you would rather remove TBNotifier.exe manually, you will find detailed instructions under this article. Follow them and terminate TBNotifier.exe as well as the associated toolbar from your computer.
- Right-click the Metro UI and tap All apps.
- Select Control Panel and go to Uninstall a program.
- Right-click the undesirable program and uninstall TBNotifier.exe.
Windows Vista or Windows 7
- Tap Windows logo to open Start menu.
- Choose Control Panel and pick Uninstall a program.
- Right-click the program you want to delete.
- Select Uninstall and delete TBNotifier.exe.
- Click the Start button to access the menu and pick Control Panel.
- Double-click Add or Remove Programs and select Change or Remove Programs.
- Choose and Remove TBNotifier.exe.
Erase TBNotifier.exe from your browsers
- Click Ctrl+Shift+A at the same time and choose Extensions.
- Remove all suspicious extensions and leave the tab.
- Press Alt+T and access Options. Move to General tab and overwrite the home page.
- Tap OK and leave the menu. Click the search icon.
- Select Manage Search engines and replace your current search engine with a new one.
- Click OK.
- Press Alt+F and pick Tools. In the Extensions, delete the undesirable extensions.
- Open Settings and click Open a page or a set of pages. Go to Set pages and change/delete the home page.
- Click OK and move to Manage Search Engines. Remove the current search engine and select a new one.
- Press Done and restart the browser.
- Tap Alt+X and move to Manage add-ons. Navigate to Toolbars and Extensions and delete unknown extensions.
- Click Search Providers and remove/change the search tool.
- Save changes and leave the window. Press Alt+X and open Internet Options.
- In the General tab, delete your current home page and choose a new one.
- Click OK.
PC-Threats Recommended Software
Malwarebytes is a high quality anti-malware application that promises to protect the users from malware attacks. We are of the opinion that you will find this software easy to use and will experience ... MoreDownload
Spyhunter is a powerful anti-malware utility that can take care of your computer system. It works both as malware prevention and removal tool. Spyhunter is user-friendly and has an interface that is v... MoreDownload
STOPzilla is a trustworthy anti-malware application that can detect, block and remove malicious programs from your PC. It is capable of dealing with Trojans, spyware, ransomware, browser hijackers, po... MoreDownload