Start.search.us.com Removal Tips
Start.search.us.com is yet another browser hijacker created to generate traffic to the affiliate websites. This hijacker is compatible with Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome. Once it enters your computer, the intruder will alter your home page, new tab page, and default search engine.
These modifications allow the application to influence the search results and because of that you cannot trust them. Instead 0f letting this suspicious software stay in your system, you should eliminate Start.search.us.com from your computer.
What does Start.search.us.com do?
The hijacker was designed to increase traffic to the pages that belong to the promoted third parties. When it enters your computer, it changes your browsers’ settings and alters your search results. You will see a lot of additional links and ads which all will route you to the sponsored websites. Soon this constant redirects will become very annoying and tiresome. Besides, you will have to spend a lot of time filtering through the presented search results in order to separate unrelated links form the relevant search results. We advise to remove Start.search.us.com.
Additionally, as long as this hijacker is in your PC, you will never be sure that after clicking the provided ad or link you will end up in a safe website. This intruder does not check the third parties it promotes which means that at any moment you may be exposed to the malicious third parties. If you enter a page managed by cyber criminals, chances are that you will get infected with malware. Such outcome, needless to say, will probably have serious negative consequences to your system.
How did Start.search.us.com enter your system?
Browser hijackers usually travel in freeware bundles. The creators of these programs know that the users do not usually read the End User License Agreement and they do not follow the installation process. If you are the same, know that this habit helps the unwanted applications enter your system. Instead of not paying attention, you should monitor every step of the process. Choose the Advanced or Custom installation option and do not let some suspicious software slither into your system. If this already happened, you should delete Start.search.us.com from your PC as soon as possible.
How to remove Start.search.us.com from your computer?
If you noticed this browser hijacker in your system, you should deal with it as soon as possible. You can purchase a legitimate and up-to-date computer security software and terminate Start.search.us.com. You other option is to erase Start.search.us.com manually. If this option is more appealing to you, simply follow the instructions displayed below and you should be able to get rid of Start.search.us.com.
- Click on Start button.
- Go to Control Panel.
- Choose Add or Remove Programs.
- Uninstall Start.search.us.com.
Windows 7 and Windows Vista
- Access Start menu and click Control Panel.
- Open Uninstall a program.
- Right-click the Start.search.us.com.
- Select Uninstall to remove Start.search.us.com.
- Right-click the Metro UI menu.
- Select All apps and access Control Panel.
- Tap Uninstall a program.
- Right-click the Start.search.us.com.
- Select Uninstall to remove the unwanted application.
Terminate Start.search.us.com from your browsers
- Click Alt+X and open Manage add-ons.
- Navigate to Toolbars and Extensions.
- Remove the unwanted application and all with it related extensions.
- Tap Search Providers and erase the undesirable search tool.
- Choose another default search engine and save these changes.
- Close this window and click Alt+X again.
- Under the General tab, select Internet Options and replace the current home page with your desired one.
- Press OK.
- Simultaneously tap Ctrl+Shift+A and go to Extensions.
Remove all unknown extensions and leave the tab.
- Press Alt+T and open Options.
- In the General tab, change/delete the home page.
- Click OK and close the menu.
- Select the icon in the search box and choose Manage Search engines.
- Terminate the unwanted search engines and choose your new default search engine.
- Tap OK.
- Press Alt+F and go to Tools.
- Navigate to Extensions and erase the unwanted applications via the trash can.
- Choose Settings and click Open a page or a set of pages.
- Access Set pages and delete the current home page.
- Set a new home page and tap OK.
- Under Search, choose Manage search engines and designate a new search engine as your default.
- Delete the unwanted search tool and click Done. Restart Google Chrome.
PC-Threats Recommended Software
Malwarebytes is a high quality anti-malware application that promises to protect the users from malware attacks. We are of the opinion that you will find this software easy to use and will experience ... MoreDownload
Spyhunter is a powerful anti-malware utility that can take care of your computer system. It works both as malware prevention and removal tool. Spyhunter is user-friendly and has an interface that is v... MoreDownload
STOPzilla is a trustworthy anti-malware application that can detect, block and remove malicious programs from your PC. It is capable of dealing with Trojans, spyware, ransomware, browser hijackers, po... MoreDownload