SmartSearch Removal Instructions
SmartSearch is a browser hijacker which is compatible with Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome. This intruder enters user’s computer without permission and immediately alters browsers’ settings which, of course, cannot be tolerated.
Beware that from a moment this application hijacks your system, you will not be able to trust the provided search results. For this and many other reasons, which will be mentioned in the following article, we advise to eliminate SmartSearch from your computer.
What does SmartSearch do?
As soon as this software enters your system, you will immediately notice some of the negative effects it has on your computer. After it changes your home page and default search engine, you will be presented with various untrustworthy links and ads. Such applications as browser hijacker earn money for every click on the links and ads they promote. This payment system is often referred to as pay-per-click and is designed to increase traffic to the websites that belong to the promoted third parties. Basically, from the moment SmartSearch infiltrates your PC, you will be flooded with numerous pop-ups, in-text ads, etc. and, most importantly, additional links which you will notice in between your search results. The majority of users find this mix of data highly annoying, especially because it prolongs the searches. If you are one of those users, you should get rid of SmartSearch to change the situation.
However, the irritating search results is not the main problem associated with this hijacker. You should be much more concerned over the fact that this application may expose you to the malicious third parties. Remember that the only thing this intruder cares about is revenue, thus it does not check the sponsored third parties. Consequently, nobody knows to what kind of page you will be routed after you choose one of the ads or links. We recommend to stay away form them all and to take care of SmartSearch removal as soon as possible.
To stop similar software from entering your system in the future, you should be more careful with your freeware installations. Choose Advanced or Custom option and monitor every step of the process. Also, peruse EULA carefully and deselect all the boxes that announce additional programs. Do not leave your system’s safety to chance and terminate SmartSearch, if it is already in your PC.
How to remove SmartSearch?
From this article, it should be very clear that this hijacker is useless and dangerous and that you should delete SmartSearch from your computer. First of all, you should decide which removal option you prefer: automatic or manual. For the first option, you will need to purchase an anti-spyware which will remove SmartSearch for you. The users who would rather do everything themselves will find detailed instructions on how to uninstall SmartSearch below.
- Navigate the cursor to the bottom right corner of the desktop and click Settings.
- Select Control Panel and choose Uninstall a program.
- Uninstall SmartSearch from the system.
- Tap Start button on the Taskbar and open Control Panel.
- In the Add or Remove programs, eliminate SmartSearch.
Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Open Start menu and access Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and terminate SmartSearch.
Erase SmartSearch from your browsers
- At the same time, click Ctrl+Shift+A and access Extensions.
- Eliminate all undesirable extensions and leave the tab.
- Press Alt+T and go to Options. Move to the General tab.
- Change the home page with the one that you prefer. Tap OK and close the menu.
- Press the search icon (in the search box) and choose Manage Search engines.
- Delete the suspicious search engine and select your new default search engine. Click OK.
- Press Alt+F and open Tools.
- Choose Extensions and remove the unwanted extensions.
- Open Settings and click Open a page or a set of pages. Press Set pages and overwrite your home page.
- Click OK. Go to Manage Search Engines under search.
- Replace the current search engine with a new one.
- Tap Done and restart the browser.
- Tap Alt+X and open Manage add-ons.
- In the Toolbars and Extensions, get rid of all the unwanted extensions.
- Choose Search Providers, remove the unwanted search engine and select a new one.
- Save changes and leave the window. Click Alt+X and move to Internet Options.
- In the General tab, overwrite your home page. Click OK.
PC-Threats Recommended Software
Malwarebytes is a high quality anti-malware application that promises to protect the users from malware attacks. We are of the opinion that you will find this software easy to use and will experience ... MoreDownload
Spyhunter is a powerful anti-malware utility that can take care of your computer system. It works both as malware prevention and removal tool. Spyhunter is user-friendly and has an interface that is v... MoreDownload
STOPzilla is a trustworthy anti-malware application that can detect, block and remove malicious programs from your PC. It is capable of dealing with Trojans, spyware, ransomware, browser hijackers, po... MoreDownload