Searchpagefix.com Removal Tips
Searchpagefix.com is a categorized as a browsers hijacker which is associated with LookSafe adware developed by LookSafe LLC. The hijacker infiltrates all your major browsers, including Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome, and changes their default search engines and home pages.
However, altered browsers’ settings is not the only reason you should eliminate searchpagefix.com from your computer. Read the following article, to learn why we are adamant that you should get rid of this annoying and dangerous software.
What does searchpagefix.com do?
If you are experiencing constant redirects to searchpagefix.com, you should know that you have an advertising supported program called LookSafe in your computer. This program promises the users to stop them before they enter websites which can be considered risky. However, it seems that the adware finds an awful lot of dangerous pages. Every time you wish to enter a page that the software perceives as untrustworthy, you will be redirected to searchpagefix.com. Another reason you should not trust LookSafe is the deceptive marketing method called bundling used to enter your computer. It is obvious that this adware is useless and you should eliminate LookSafe at the same time you delete searchpagefix.com from your PC.
As we already said, searchpagefix.com replaces your home page and default search engine once it infiltrates your system. If you attempt to use the provided search tool, you will soon become very disappointed. The search results will be crammed with additional links and advertisements. You will see so much unrelated data that it may be hard to separate it from the relevant links. Since the results are presented by a bowers hijacker, you cannot trust them. Stay away form all those ads, because chance are at least some of them are malicious and can infect you with malware. Avoid using this search tool and concentrate on searchpagefix.com removal.
If you do not understand how this intruder entered your system, you should probably remember your latest freeware installation. If you recently downloaded free of charge software form unreliable website, chances are that during the installation searchpagefix.com manged to sneak into your computer. In the future, pay more attention to the procedure and do not let suspicious applications infiltrate your PC.
How to remove searchpagefix.com?
You can choose how to handle this hijacker related problem. You can buy a legitimate and powerful anti-spyware and let it delete searchpagefix.com for you. Your other option is to perform manual searchpagefix.com removal. If this is your choice, you should follow the instructions displayed under this article.
- Tap Windows key + R and enter Control Panel.
- Click OK and open Uninstall a program.
- Locate and uninstall searchpagefix.com.
Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Open Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a program and erase searchpagefix.com.
- Access Start menu and choose Control Panel.
- Select Add or Remove programs and terminate searchpagefix.com.
Eliminate searchpagefix.com from your browsers
- Press Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously and choose Extensions. Eliminate unwanted extensions and close the tab.
- Click Alt+T and move to Options. Change/delete the home page (General tab).
- Tap OK and close the menu. Pick the search icon and select Manage Search engines.
- Remove the unwanted search engines and choose your new default search engine.
- Click OK.
- Press Alt+F and access Tools. Choose Extensions and erase the unwanted extensions.
- Select Settings and tap Open a page or a set of pages. Click Set pages.
- Delete/change the home page and tap OK.
- Open Manage Search Engines under search, remove the current search engine and choose a new one.
- Tap Done and restart the browser.
- Click Alt+X and open Manage add-ons. In the Toolbars and Extensions, delete all unwanted extensions.
- Press Search Providers, remove/change your search engine. Save changes and leave the window.
- Click Alt+X again and move to Internet Options.
- In the General tab, overwrite your home page and click OK.
PC-Threats Recommended Software
Malwarebytes is a high quality anti-malware application that promises to protect the users from malware attacks. We are of the opinion that you will find this software easy to use and will experience ... MoreDownload
Spyhunter is a powerful anti-malware utility that can take care of your computer system. It works both as malware prevention and removal tool. Spyhunter is user-friendly and has an interface that is v... MoreDownload
STOPzilla is a trustworthy anti-malware application that can detect, block and remove malicious programs from your PC. It is capable of dealing with Trojans, spyware, ransomware, browser hijackers, po... MoreDownload