Searchbetter.com Removal Instructions
Searchbetter.com is a browser hijacker which infiltrates your computer in a clandestine manner. It affects all main browsers (Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and Internet Explorer) and changes their settings without your permission. Also, the application promotes various third parties showing you numerous advertisements and adding links to your search results. In other words, the hijacker wrecks real havoc in your system and is absolutely useless to you.
The best decision would be to eliminate Searchbetter.com from your computer.
What does Searchbetter.com do?
The hijacker changes your home page and default search engine, so that it could advertise the third parties. Not only will you see lots of advertisements in your new home page, but your search results will also be altered. The goal is to increase traffic to affiliate websites and thus the hijacker floods you with links that can direct you to those pages. You will need to analyze the provided search results carefully in order to avoid unrelated links and this will certainly waste your time, not to mention the constant presence of ads which will also quickly become annoying. Additionally, the presented ads and links can turn out to be really dangerous. If you get routed to a page that is managed by cyber criminal, you are bound to get infected with malware. Needless to say, if a malicious software enters your computer, your system can be seriously damaged. To avoid this and to protect your PC, you should remove Searchbetter.com.
One more reason to get rid of Searchbetter.com is the tracking this intruder performs. Your online activities are carefully monitored for as long as this software is inside your system. The gathered information (geographical location, search queries, browsing history, etc.) is used to make the provided ads more appealing and interesting to you. Unfortunately, the said data may also be sold to the unreliable third parties. Such privacy violation should not be tolerated, especially from an application which entered you PC without your knowledge. Delete Searchbetter.com at once.
If you are not sure how this software managed to sneak inside your computer, you need to remember your latest freeware download. The hijacker probably entered your system together with free of charge software from some kind of suspicious website. Next time you use unofficial page to acquire free applications, choose Advanced or Custom option and follow every step of the installation wizard.
How to remove Searchbetter.com?
If you want to make sure that all parts of the hijacker are taken care of, you should use a reputable computer security application to delete Searchbetter.com. However, manual Searchbetter.com removal is also possible. If you wish to terminate Searchbetter.com by yourself, you should follow the instructions provided below this article.
Windows Vista or Windows 7
1. On the Taskbar, click the Windows logo.
2. Access the Control Panel and choose Uninstall a program.
3. Right-click the suspicious application and tap Uninstall in order to erase Searchbetter.com.
1. Click the Start button to open a menu.
2. Select Control Panel and double-click Add or Remove Programs.
3. Choose Change or Remove Programs and remove Searchbetter.com.
1. In order to open a pane, right-click the Metro UI screen.
2. Choose All apps to open a menu and click Control Panel.
3. In the Uninstall a program, right-click Searchbetter.com.
4. Click Uninstall to eliminate Searchbetter.com.
Uninstall Searchbetter.com from your browsers
1. Open Mozilla Firefox and press Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. Select Extensions and remove the suspicious extensions. Close the tab.
3. Press Alt+T and access Options.
4. Go to the General tab and change/delete the home page.
5. Click OK and leave this menu.
6. Choose the icon from the search box and select Manage Search engines.
7. Delete the unwanted search engines and choose a new default search engine. Click OK.
1. Launch your browser and click Alt+F.
2. Move to Tools and click Extensions. Here, delete the suspicious extensions.
3. Click Settings and access Open a page or a set of pages.
4. Tap Set pages and replace the current home page with the one you prefer.
5. Click OK and go to Manage Search Engines (under search).
6. Terminate/change the search engine and click Done. In the end, restart the browser.
1. Start Internet Explorer and tap Alt+X.
2. Move to Manage add-ons and open Toolbars and Extensions.
3. Eliminate all unwanted extensions and choose Search Providers.
4. Remove/change the unwanted search engine and save changes. Leave this window.
5. Press Alt+X again and go to Internet Options.
6. In the General tab, replace your current home page with a new one. Click OK.
PC-Threats Recommended Software
Malwarebytes is a high quality anti-malware application that promises to protect the users from malware attacks. We are of the opinion that you will find this software easy to use and will experience ... MoreDownload
Spyhunter is a powerful anti-malware utility that can take care of your computer system. It works both as malware prevention and removal tool. Spyhunter is user-friendly and has an interface that is v... MoreDownload
STOPzilla is a trustworthy anti-malware application that can detect, block and remove malicious programs from your PC. It is capable of dealing with Trojans, spyware, ransomware, browser hijackers, po... MoreDownload