What is SEARCH.SWEETPACKS.COM?
By computer experts, SEARCH.SWEETPACKS.COM is identified as a browser hijacker. Presented by SweetIM, at first glanced it may look like a reliable search engine, unfortunately that is not the case. The truth is that you should not trust the software which can enter your computer and change your usual browsers’ settings without your permission. In addition to this, the intruder also can and will provide you with multiple ads, redirect you in the middle of your browsing, and show untrustworthy search results. All in all, it seems that this application has many disadvantages and brings no benefit to you. Considering all that, we recommend to delete SEARCH.SWEETPACKS.COM.
What does SEARCH.SWEETPACKS.COM do?
Once SEARCH.SWEETPACKS.COM enters a new computer, it behaves like most other hijackers. It changes your home page and default search engine and starts controlling your search results. Since the application works for a bunch of third parties, during searches it inserts promoted links hoping that you will click them. However, we warn you that you should not do that. The problem is that the affiliate third parties are unknown and thus cannot be trusted. It is quite possible that after tapping one of the links, you will be routed to a malicious website and get infected with a virus, Trojan, worm, etc. Needles to say, you must do everything to avoid such situation. The best way to prevent malware infiltration is SEARCH.SWEETPACKS.COM removal.
As if the altered search results would not be enough, the intruder also performs other suspicious activities. SEARCH.SWEETPACKS.COM presents users with numerous ads and always shows one big ad in the middle of the starting page. Remember that owners of the ads are just as suspicious as the previously discussed third parties. Furthermore, this software promotes gamepacks.com page which is definitely not reliable. It also suggests users to acquire wallpapers. We do not recommend trusting any of the provided services, since all of them may lead to a direct encounter with cyber criminals.
This hijacker usually enters user’s computer alongside freeware. Very often it travels with an advertising supported program by the same name. Basically, if you found SEARCH.SWEETPACKS.COM in your system, you almost certainly have at least one other potentiality unwanted program as well. It means that after SEARCH.SWEETPACKS.COM removal, you must not forget to uninstall the rest of undesirable applications from your PC.
How to remove SEARCH.SWEETPACKS.COM?
We recommend to employ a reputable computer security software and use it to terminate SEARCH.SWEETPACKS.COM. The added bonus of this option is the fact that after SEARCH.SWEETPACKS.COM removal, the security software will stay in your system to protect it. However, you can also attempt manual way to get rid of SEARCH.SWEETPACKS.COM. For that you will have to follow the instructions below.
- Open Charm menu.
- Select Settings.
- Choose Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a program.
- Uninstall SEARCH.SWEETPACKS.COM.
- Tap the Start button on the Taskbar.
- Seelct Control Panel.
- Access Add or Remove programs.
- Remove the pottetnially undesirable programs.
Windows Vista and Windows 7
- Access Start menu.
- Press Control Panel.
- Pick Uninstall a program.
- Uninstall SEARCH.SWEETPACKS.COM.
Erase SEARCH.SWEETPACKS.COM from your browsers
- Click Alt+X and open Manage add-ons. From the Toolbars and Extensions, remove suspicious applications.
- Tap Search Providers and delete the unwanted search engine. Choose another one as your default.
- Save changes and close the window. Press Alt+X again and move to Internet Options.
- Under the General tab, replace the current home with your desired one. Click OK.
- Simultaneously click Ctrl+Shift+A and go to Extensions menu.
- Press Remove next to the suspicious application. Close the tab.
- Click Alt+T and open Options. Under General tab, overwrite home page.
- Press OK and close the menu. Tap the search icon and move to Manage Search engines.
- Remove/change your search tool and tap OK.
- Press Alt+F and scroll over Tools. In the Extensions, erase undesirable applications (click the trash can).
- Pick Settings and select Open a page or a set of pages.
- Choose Set pages, remove the current home page address and enter your desired one. Click OK.
- Under Search, open Manage search engines. Overwrite the search engine.
- Click Done and restart the browser.
PC-Threats Recommended Software
Malwarebytes is a high quality anti-malware application that promises to protect the users from malware attacks. We are of the opinion that you will find this software easy to use and will experience ... MoreDownload
Spyhunter is a powerful anti-malware utility that can take care of your computer system. It works both as malware prevention and removal tool. Spyhunter is user-friendly and has an interface that is v... MoreDownload
STOPzilla is a trustworthy anti-malware application that can detect, block and remove malicious programs from your PC. It is capable of dealing with Trojans, spyware, ransomware, browser hijackers, po... MoreDownload