Search.swagbucks.com Removal Tips
You will be presented with search.swagbucks.com, if you acquire Swagbucks Toolbar which is a potentially unwanted application (PUA). This software is compatible with all major browsers including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox.
Even though this toolbar was developed by the Prodege LLC, it is presented by Conduit. search.swagbucks.com looks trustworthy especially because it claims to be powered by Yahoo. However, if you do not like the provided search tool, you do not have to keep it in your computer. Read the following article to find out how to eliminate search.swagbucks.com and the related unwanted application.
What does search.swagbucks.com do?
Some users suspect that their computers got infected with a browser hijacker after they notice the altered browsers’ settings. However, it does not seem to be the case, because the users are asked permission for the changes to take place. During the installation of the Swagbucks Toolbar, you will have an opportunity to decline the suggested search engine. Unfortunately, users rarely follow the installation procedure and thus fail to notice the boxes that announce the alterations. You should be more careful in the future and follow the installations attentively. While the provided search tool does not seem to be malicious, it does not mean that you must use it. You can easily terminate search.swagbucks.com and get rid of the application that accompanies the engine.
The toolbar itself presents the additional search box and a drop down menu which you will find after clicking the Search & Win button. In the menu, you will see links to weather forecasts, dictionaries, and so on. Other buttons include Check for Swag Code and SBTW (enables you to watch videos). You can download the toolbar from search.swagbucks.com/g/toolbars-and-plugins or swagbucks.com. However, it seems that it may also enter your computer together with some free of charge software from Conduit which makes this application quite suspicious. You should never trust a software that enters your PC using such secretive and deceptive distribution method as ‘bundling’. We advise to be more vigilant and to remove search.swagbucks.com and the related suspicious application.
How to remove search.swagbucks.com?
In order to get rid of search.swagbucks.com, you will firstly have to eliminate the unwanted toolbar. Afterwards, you should not forget to undo the changed browsers’ settings and to choose a trustworthy search tool. Our research team prepared clear instructions of how to delete search.swagbucks.com, however, you may also use a professional computer security software to do it for you. Purchase a reputable and powerful anti-spyware and use it to uninstall search.swagbucks.com and the suspicious toolbar.
Delete search.swagbucks.com from your PC
- Right-click the Metro UI screen.
- Tap All apps and choose Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and right-click the undesirable application.
- Click Uninstall to remove it from your system.
Windows Vista or Windows 7
- Tap Windows logo and choose Control Panel.
- Open Uninstall a program and right-click the program you want to get rid of.
- Click Uninstall and delete the unreliable software.
- Click the Start button and access Control Panel.
- Double-click Add or Remove Programs and click Change or Remove Programs.
- Remove the undesirable application.
Erase search.swagbucks.com from your browsers
- Click Alt+X and move to Manage add-ons.
- In the Toolbars and Extensions, delete all suspicious applications.
- Navigate to Search Providers. Eliminate the unwanted search tool and designate another one as your default.
- Save the changes and leave this window. Click Alt+X one more time and
- Move to Internet Options (under the General tab) and replace the current home page address with another one. Click OK.
- Simultaneously press Ctrl+Shift+A and go to Extensions. Click Remove next to the suspicious entries.
- Close the tab and press Alt+T. Access Options and replace the current home page with the one you trust.
- Click OK and close the menu. Tap the search icon (in the Search box) and choose Manage Search engines.
- Change/remove the unwanted search engine and press OK.
- Tap Alt+F and scroll over Tools. In the Extensions, remove all unknown applications by clicking the trash can.
- Click Settings and select Open a page or a set of pages.
- Press Set pages, erase the current home page and enter your desired one. Tap OK.
- Under Search, choose Manage search engines.
- Set another search engine as your default and uninstall the unwanted one.
- Tap Done and restart the browser.
PC-Threats Recommended Software
Malwarebytes is a high quality anti-malware application that promises to protect the users from malware attacks. We are of the opinion that you will find this software easy to use and will experience ... MoreDownload
Spyhunter is a powerful anti-malware utility that can take care of your computer system. It works both as malware prevention and removal tool. Spyhunter is user-friendly and has an interface that is v... MoreDownload
STOPzilla is a trustworthy anti-malware application that can detect, block and remove malicious programs from your PC. It is capable of dealing with Trojans, spyware, ransomware, browser hijackers, po... MoreDownload