Search.smartshopping.com Removal Tips
Search.smartshopping.com is a dangerous browser hijacker which affects Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and Internet Explorer and enters your computer bundled with freeware. It changes the home page and forces the user to use the provided search engine for searches.
If you try to employ some other search tool, you will be redirect to search.smartshopping.com again. It is not a trustworthy application and we strongly recommend to delete search.smartshopping.com from your computer.
What does search.smartshopping.com do?
The hijackers are created to promote the third parties’ websites. They employ several different tactics in order to make you click the provided links and thus to increase traffic to the sponsored pages. First of all, since the application presents you with a search tool, it will definitely alter your search results. Next to the genuine links you will see numerous additional links which may be completely unrelated to your search query. This means that you will have to filter through the results which may take a lot of time and which soon will become very bothersome. One way to get rid of this tiring chore is to remove search.smartshopping.com.
The hijacker also presents the users with commercial ads which in some cases may be personalized. This will happen if the intruder manages to track your Internet habits and learn your preferences. The acquired knowledge is used to make the advertisements interesting which in turn increase the possibility that you will choose them. However, you should also know that there is always a chance that the application will share your information with the unreliable third parties which may use it for malignant purposes. The loss of your data is one of the main reasons you have to take care of search.smartshopping.com removal.
You should also be vary of the malicious third parties which may reach you through this software. Hijackers are often used as a gateway for viruses, Trojans, and other kinds of malware. Needles to say, you should put all your efforts into avoiding such outcome. One of the ways the intruder may infect you with malicious software is for you to click the infected link. If you are routed to a suspicious website managed by hackers, malware infection is almost guaranteed. Do not be neglectful and take care of your computer. Delete search.smartshopping.com as soon as possible.
How to remove search.smartshopping.com?
The most effective way to get rid of search.smartshopping.com is with a reputable computer security tool. Remember that such software will be able to safeguard your computer after it erases search.smartshopping.com. Of course, we also prepared step by step instructions on how to manually remove search.smartshopping.com too. If you will follow these directions, you should be able to clean your PC successfully.
Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Access Start menu.
- Choose Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program.
- Uninstall search.smartshopping.com.
- Open Start menu.
- Tap Control Panel.
- Click Add or Remove programs.
- Uninstall search.smartshopping.com from the list.
- Simultaneously click Windows key + R.
- Enter Control Panel.
- Click OK.
- Move to Uninstall a program.
- Uninstall search.smartshopping.com.
Eliminate search.smartshopping.com from your browsers
- Press Alt+X and open Manage add-ons.
- In the Toolbars and Extensions, remove suspicious extensions.
- Choose Search Providers and replace the unwanted search engine with another one.
- Save changes and close this window. Press Alt+X one more time.
- Go to Internet Options, under the General tab, change/delete your home page. Click OK.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+A to access Add-ons Manager tab.
- Choose Remove next to the unknown extensions (in Extensions menu). Close the tab.
- Press Alt+T and go to Options. Change/delete your home page.
- Tap OK and close the menu. Click the Search icon.
- Choose Manage Search engines and replace the unwanted search engine with a new on. Click OK.
- Press Alt+F and move to Tools. In the Extensions, remove all unknown applications.
- Click Settings and select Open a page or a set of pages.
- Select Set pages and change/remove the home page. Tap OK.
- Under Search, choose Manage search engines and replace the search engine.
- Click Done and restart the browser.
PC-Threats Recommended Software
Malwarebytes is a high quality anti-malware application that promises to protect the users from malware attacks. We are of the opinion that you will find this software easy to use and will experience ... MoreDownload
Spyhunter is a powerful anti-malware utility that can take care of your computer system. It works both as malware prevention and removal tool. Spyhunter is user-friendly and has an interface that is v... MoreDownload
STOPzilla is a trustworthy anti-malware application that can detect, block and remove malicious programs from your PC. It is capable of dealing with Trojans, spyware, ransomware, browser hijackers, po... MoreDownload