Search.searchonme.com Removal Tips
Search.searchonme.com is a browser hijacker that belongs to the Websearch Hijackers family. It can modify your browser settings affecting your home page and default search provider. The hijacker is compatible with all well-known web browsers such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. It belongs to a potentially unwanted application that can enter your system via free third party software.
You should terminate Search.searchonme.com as soon as you can, because the hijacker will disrupt your online surfing, expose you to unsafe data and cause other unwanted effects. The sooner you get rid of Search.searchonme.com, the better.
How does Search.searchonme.com work?
Search.searchonme.com has been linked to such potentially unwanted and ad-supported applications as YouTubeAdBlocker, EZDownloader and Unideals. None of these programs are useful and if you have them on your computer, you should terminate them without hesitation. These applications will only flood you with commercial data and expose you to unsafe links that could lead to malware infections and other undesirable consequences.
Once the hijacker takes over your browsers, it replaced your home page and default search provider with Search.searchonme.com. The website itself does not look too reliable as there is a fake ad placed right in its center. Above the advert you will see a search box. If you enter a query into it, you will be redirected to findamo.com. The suspicious engine will provide you with altered results that include ads and sponsored links. Clicking on the commercial content is not something we would recommend. If you do not want to risk your computer’s safety, you should not trust any ads or links provided to you by the hijacker. What you should do is delete Search.searchonme.com from your PC.
How to remove Search.searchonme.com?
If you are wondering how you can remove Search.searchonme.com from your system and your browsers, you should know that you can choose from two options. One of them is manual removal. If you want to uninstall Search.searchonme.com manually, you will have to uninstall its associated program and then reset your browsers. An alternative solution is to terminate Search.searchonme.com automatically. If you choose to implement a malware removal tool you will be able to not only get rid of Search.searchonme.com as well as other unwanted applications that came with it, but also make sure that your PC stays protected in the future.
1) Delete Search.searchonme.com
- Select Search at the bottom right corner
- Type in Control Panel and click OK
- Choose Uninstall a program
- Right-click on the application
- Select Uninstall
Windows 7 and Windows Vista
- Open Start menu and click on Control Panel
- Select Uninstall a program
- Right-click on the unwanted software
- Choose Uninstall
- Click on the Start button at the bottom left
- Locate Control Panel and click on it
- Select Add or Remove programs
- Click on the software and choose Remove
2) Eliminate Search.searchonme.com from browsers
- Open the menu and choose the question mark
- Select Troubleshooting Information
- Click on Refresh Firefox
- Confirm your decision and click Finish
- Open the menu and select Settings
- Click on Show Advanced Settings
- Click Reset settings and choose Reset
- Click on the Gear icon at the top right corner
- Select Internet Options and go to Advanced tab
- Click Reset and enable Delete personal settings
- Click Reset and then click Close
PC-Threats Recommended Software
Malwarebytes is a high quality anti-malware application that promises to protect the users from malware attacks. We are of the opinion that you will find this software easy to use and will experience ... MoreDownload
Spyhunter is a powerful anti-malware utility that can take care of your computer system. It works both as malware prevention and removal tool. Spyhunter is user-friendly and has an interface that is v... MoreDownload
STOPzilla is a trustworthy anti-malware application that can detect, block and remove malicious programs from your PC. It is capable of dealing with Trojans, spyware, ransomware, browser hijackers, po... MoreDownload