Search.SafeFinder.com Removal Instructions
Similar to the infamous Snap.do, Search.SafeFinder.com is categorized as a browser hijacker that secretly enters your computer bundled with Safe Finder Smartbar by Linkury Ltd. You will immediately notice that the intruder changed your home page and default search engine in all your favorite browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox. While the new search tool is ‘Provided by Yahoo! Search’ and presents genuine search results, you should not trust it or its provided results.
It would be best to read the whole article to find out more about this application and to learn how to remove Search.SafeFinder.com from your computer.
What does Search.SafeFinder.com do?
The main reason you cannot trust the search results provided by this hijacker is the promoted links and ads. This application generates revenue for every click on the sponsored link. Sponsored links are marked and you can choose not to click them, however if you do, you can be routed to a suspicious website and encounter hackers. If you find yourself in malicious page, chances are that you will get infected with malware. Remember that browser hijackers do not care about your computer’s safety and are actually known for spreading Trojans, viruses, and so on. Protect your computer and terminate Search.SafeFinder.com.
The intruder comes bundled with SafeFinder toolbar. The application provides you with various shortcuts to popular websites like Wikipedia, Facebook, eBay, Twitter, and Search.SafeFinder.com. Keep in mind that this software follows your Internet activities by installing tracking cookies. Your data will be collected and used to customize the presented ads. Furthermore, the said information can also be sold to the unknown third parties which is not something you should tolerate. To stop this free distribution of your data, delete Search.SafeFinder.com.
This hijacker is usually spread via InstallCore bundles. You can encounter them, if you often download freeware from unofficial pages. If you do not intend to change your sources, you should start paying more attention to the installation process. Select Advanced or Custom installation option and read the software license agreement. If you fail to do that, you may find more than one undesirable application in your PC. The hijacker often travels together with SweetPage, Deal Keeper, and sometimes with CouponDownloader, if the intruder’s source is BrotherSoft.
How to remove Search.SafeFinder.com?
Under this report, the users who wish to delete Search.SafeFinder.com manually will find detailed instructions. Follow them and you should have no problem with Search.SafeFinder.com removal. Another way to get rid of Search.SafeFinder.com is with a reputable computer security software. Such anti-spyware will not only terminate Search.SafeFinder.com, but also will keep your computer safe in the future.
Windows 7 and Windows Vista
- Access the Start menu.
- Choose Control Panel.
- Press Uninstall a program.
- Select the unwanted program.
- Click Uninstall to get rid of Search.SafeFinder.com.
- Open the Start menu.
- Select Control Panel.
- Click Add or Remove Programs.
- Choose Search.SafeFinder.com.
- Tap the Remove button.
- Press the Windows key + X.
- Open Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a program.
- Select the suspicious application and click Uninstall.
Eliminate Search.SafeFinder.com from your browsers
- Click the menu icon and tap Options.
- Go to General tab and replace your home page.
- In the Search tab, delete/change your search provider.
- Tap the menu again and access Add-ons.
- Remove undesirable extensions.
- Open the menu and choose Settings.
- Click Set pages, delete your current home page and choose another.
- Under Search, press Manage search engine.
- Choose/eliminate a search provider.
- In the Extensions, terminate useless add-ons.
- Press the Gear icon and pick Internet Options.
- Overwrite your home page in the General tab.
- Click the Gear icon again and open Manage Add-ons.
- Choose Toolbars and Extensions and delete unwanted add-ons.
- In Search Providers, overwrite new search engine.
PC-Threats Recommended Software
Malwarebytes is a high quality anti-malware application that promises to protect the users from malware attacks. We are of the opinion that you will find this software easy to use and will experience ... MoreDownload
Spyhunter is a powerful anti-malware utility that can take care of your computer system. It works both as malware prevention and removal tool. Spyhunter is user-friendly and has an interface that is v... MoreDownload
STOPzilla is a trustworthy anti-malware application that can detect, block and remove malicious programs from your PC. It is capable of dealing with Trojans, spyware, ransomware, browser hijackers, po... MoreDownload