Search.protectedio.com Removal Guide
Despite its grand promise to protect your PC “from Trojans, viruses and identity theft, without anti virus software”, ProtectedIO is just another adware or a potentially unwanted application which enters your computer and brings the search.protectedio.com hijacker alongside.
You probably noticed this hijacker in your PC after it changed your home page and default search engine without your permission. Additionally, this intruder shows the user tons of ads which usually is the biggest complain concerning this application. There is no reason why you should tolerate this software in your computer. We strongly recommend to eliminate search.protectedio.com as soon as possible.
What does search.protectedio.com do?
It seems that search.protectedio.com infiltrates all main browsers (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Internet Explorer) as soon as ProtectedIO enters your system. Since the hijacker takes over your default search engine, you should not be surprised that it also starts controlling your search results. You will be forced to use an unreliable search tool which will present altered search results. The hijacker will add links to the promoted websites hoping that you will click these links and increase traffic to predetermined pages. Remember that this application is paid for every click on the sponsored link and that it does not care about your system’s safety. Take care of your PC and terminate search.protectedio.com.
Another way to direct you to promoted websites is the displayed advertisements. Most likely the ads will follow you in every window you open which soon will become highly annoying. Of course, some users find the ads interesting and informative, since the hijacker customizes them. From the moment it infiltrates your system, search.protectedio.com follows your online habits and uses this data to make the ads more exciting. Do not fall for these tricks. After clicking the ads you may find yourself in a malicious page managed by hackers who will definitely use an opportunity to infect your system with malware. Perform search.protectedio.com removal before that happens.
One more reason for you to seriously consider search.protectedio.com removal is the clandestine manner in which this application is distributed. Most often it enters computer bundled with freeware and without the user’s permission. It uses your neglectfulness and lack of attention during the installation to infiltrate your system unnoticed. If you wish to protect your PC, you need to observe the course of the process carefully and uncheck the boxes with all the suggested additional applications.
How to remove search.protectedio.com?
If you see search.protectedio.com in your system, you probably do not have an anti-spyware or it is outdated. We recommend to purchase a reputable computer security software and use it to remove search.protectedio.com. Note that only an up-to date security tools can help you delete search.protectedio.com and keep your PC safe. If you want to get rid of search.protectedio.com manually, you should use the directions provided under this article.
- Right-click on the Metro UI screen in order to open a pane.
- Choose All apps to access a menu and click Control Panel.
- Navigate the cursor to Uninstall a program and right-click the undesirable application.
- Tap Uninstall to uninstall search.protectedio.com.
Windows Vista and Windows 7
- Tap the Windows logo on the Taskbar so that you could open the Start menu.
- In the Control Panel, select Uninstall a program.
- Right-click search.protectedio.com and tap Uninstall in order to delete this unreliable application.
- Click the Start button and choose Control Panel.
- Click Add or Remove Programs and open Change or Remove Programs.
- Choose and uninstall search.protectedio.com.
Erase search.protectedio.com from your browsers
- Together press Ctrl+Shift+A and select Extensions.
- Remove all unknown extensions and then close the tab.
- Press Alt+T and access Options. Remove/change the home page (in the General tab).
- Click OK and leave the menu. Choose the search icon.
- Select Manage Search engines and replace the unwanted search engines with a new one. Click OK.
- Press Alt+F and navigate to Tools. Select Extensions and eliminate the suspicious extensions.
- Click Settings and access Open a page or a set of pages.
- Click Set pages, delete the current home page and choose a new one. Tap OK.
- Select Manage Search Engines under search, terminate the current search engine and select a new one.
- Select Done button and restart the browser.
- Press Alt+X and move to Manage add-ons.
- After you opened Toolbars and Extensions, delete all untrustworthy extensions.
- Choose Search Providers, replace the unwanted search engine with another engine. Save these changes and leave the window.
- Press Alt+X and move to Internet Options.
- In the General tab, delete/change your current home page and set a new one as default. Click OK.
PC-Threats Recommended Software
Malwarebytes is a high quality anti-malware application that promises to protect the users from malware attacks. We are of the opinion that you will find this software easy to use and will experience ... MoreDownload
Spyhunter is a powerful anti-malware utility that can take care of your computer system. It works both as malware prevention and removal tool. Spyhunter is user-friendly and has an interface that is v... MoreDownload
STOPzilla is a trustworthy anti-malware application that can detect, block and remove malicious programs from your PC. It is capable of dealing with Trojans, spyware, ransomware, browser hijackers, po... MoreDownload