What is search.golliver.com?
Computer experts usually classify search.golliver.com as a browser hijacker. Once it infiltrates user’s computer, it immediately starts suspicious activities. You will notice the changed browser’s settings in all major browsers (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome) and also be forced to see numerous ads. We do not recommend trusting the provided search tool or the presented advertisements, because the main aim of this hijacker is the promotion of unknown third parties. Since for every click on the sponsored link 0r ad the intruder generates revenue, it is not surprising that it does everything to display as much links as possible. Unfortunately, it is impossible to say, if those promoted parties are trustworthy. We recommend to terminate search.golliver.com in order to protect your computer from possible exposure to malignant content.
What does search.golliver.com do?
The first thing this hijacker does once it infiltrates a new system is the alteration of your home page and default search engine. The changes allow the application to control your search results and scatter sponsored links and ads in between them. In the end of this process, you are presented with a suspicious mix of information which you cannot trust. Even if you will take the time to carefully analyze the presented results, no one can guarantee that you will not end up in some unknown site. Instead of wasting your time to guess which links are trustworthy, we advise to eliminate search.golliver.com from your PC.
However, as you probably already understood, the time you spend on the provided search results is not the biggest problem you will face due to the presence of this intruder. Beware that browser hijackers are often considered to be gateway for malware. As long as you have this application in your PC, you cannot trust the presented links or ads, because at least some of them can belong to the malicious third parties. If you click a link which routes you to malignant website, chances are that your system will be infected with malware. Needless to say, you cannot take such risk with your PC. If a virus, Trojan, keylogger, etc. enters your computer, the consequences might be hazardous. You may suffer monetary loss or even lose your identity. Do not allow this to happen and delete search.golliver.com at once.
How did search.golliver.com enter your computer?
The most popular infiltration technique used by this and similar applications is called ‘bundling’. The hijacker is distributed alongside free of charge software that users install from suspicious websites. If you wish to keep your system safe, you need to start acquiring freeware from the official websites. The users who wish to use the same sources as before should pay more attention to the installation wizard. First of all, you need to choose Advanced or Custom installation process. Also, never skip the reading of End User License Agreement. If in this document you notice the additional software, you need to deselect it by clicking the Decline button. Pay attention to every download and do not let some suspicious and undesirable program infiltrate your computer. If unwelcome application is already inside your PC, erase search.golliver.com right now.
How to remove search.golliver.com?
From this article, it should be obvious that you cannot trust this hijacker and that the best course of action is get rid of search.golliver.com for good. If you are not sure how to do that, you will be happy to know that our researchers prepared detailed instructions which you will find under this article. Follow them and remove search.golliver.com from your system. Of course, you also can choose automatic search.golliver.com removal. Install a legitimate and up-to-date anti-spyware and use it to uninstall search.golliver.com from your computer.
- Press Windows key + R and in the presented box enter Control Panel.
- Click OK and go to Uninstall a program. Uninstall search.golliver.com.
Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Tap Start button to open the menu and pick Control Panel.
- Access Uninstall a program and uninstall search.golliver.com from your PC.
- Open Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Choose Add or Remove programs and remove search.golliver.com as soon as you can.
Erase search.golliver.com from your browsers
- Click Alt+X and open Manage add-ons.
- Go to Toolbars and Extensions and delete unknown applications. Tap Search Providers.
- Remove the undesirable search engine and designate another one as your default.
- Save the changes and close window. Press Alt+X one more time.
- Navigate to Internet Options and under the General tab, replace the current home page with a new one. Click OK.
- Press Alt+F and scroll over Tools. In the Extensions, erase all suspicious applications via the trash can.
- Tap Settings on the left and under On Startup, select Open a page or a set of pages.
- Choose Set pages, remove this home page address and choose another. Click OK.
- Under Search, press Manage search engines and remove/change your search engine.
- Click Done and restart the browser.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+A to open the Add-ons Manager tab.
- If you are in Extensions menu, choose Remove next to undesirable extensions. Close this tab.
- Click Alt+T and access Options. Pick General tab and overwrite the home page. Tap OK and leave the menu.
- Press the icon in the Search box at the top right corner of the window and click Manage Search engines.
- Remove the unwanted search engine and designate a new one as your default search engine. Tap OK.
PC-Threats Recommended Software
Malwarebytes is a high quality anti-malware application that promises to protect the users from malware attacks. We are of the opinion that you will find this software easy to use and will experience ... MoreDownload
Spyhunter is a powerful anti-malware utility that can take care of your computer system. It works both as malware prevention and removal tool. Spyhunter is user-friendly and has an interface that is v... MoreDownload
STOPzilla is a trustworthy anti-malware application that can detect, block and remove malicious programs from your PC. It is capable of dealing with Trojans, spyware, ransomware, browser hijackers, po... MoreDownload