Search.foxtab.com Removal Instructions
Search.foxtab.com is yet another browser hijacker that affects Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome browsers. According to our researchers, search.foxtab.comis is a related to FoxTab browser extension and is supported by Funmoods. The application is very similar to sr.searchfunmoods.com and i.search.metacrawler.com which are also associated with Funmoods.
While it is not a malicious software, we must inform you that you should not trust it. We advise to read this article in order to find out why it is in your best interest to remove search.foxtab.com.
What does search.foxtab.com do?
When this software enters your computer, it modifies your home page and default search engine. These changes come as a surprise for the users, if the application infiltrated their systems together with freeware. It is possible to acquire this software directly from newtab.foxtab.com, however in most cases the hijacker sneaks into your computer secretly. It was noticed that it often travels with FunMoods toolbar which is another potentially unwanted application. If you care about your computer’s safety, you should really be more attentive during free of charge software installations. Choose Advanced or Custom option and do not let any suspicious software enter your PC.
Of course, if this application is already in your system, you should take care of search.foxtab.com removal. The simple truth is that it is a completely useless addition to your system which can cause serious damage. As we already mentioned, the intruder changes your browsers settings. That is done in order to display links and ads which will route you to the promoted websites. While the application itself is not harmful, it may help some unreliable or even malignant software enter your computer. Since nobody monitors the pages to which you will be directed, there is no way to ensure your safety. If you find yourself in an infected domain, you will probably be forced to install malware. Do not trust the provided search engine and stay away from the presented search results. Instead, concentrate on search.foxtab.com removal.
You should also know how this software violates your privacy. search.foxtab.com follows your browsing habits, search queries, favorite pages, clicks, geographical location, etc. and learns your preferences. When it has enough information, the hijacker customizes the ads to induce you to click them.
How to remove search.foxtab.com?
It would be best, if you would use a legitimate security tool to delete search.foxtab.com. The same computer security software could also take care of your system in the future and you would not need to deal with such problems again. If this option is not acceptable to you, you should follow manual search.foxtab.com removal instructions provided by our research center.
- Move your mouse cursor to the bottom right corner of the desktop.
- Select Settings.
- Open Control Panel.
- Choose Uninstall a program.
- Uninstall search.foxtab.com from your PC.
- Tap Start button.
- Select Control Panel.
- Choose Add or Remove programs.
- Remove search.foxtab.com.
Windows Vista and Windows 7
- Access Start menu.
- Click Control Panel.
- Open Uninstall a program.
- Terminate search.foxtab.com.
Eliminate search.foxtab.com from your browsers
- Tap the Gear icon and choose Internet Options.
- Replace your current home page with a new one in the General tab.
- Click Gear icon again and access Manage Add-ons.
- From the Toolbars and Extensions, remove the unwanted add-ons.
- In Search Providers choose a new search tool and delete the old one.
- Click the menu and open Options.
- In the General tab, delete/change your home page.
- Navigate to Search tab and overwrite your search provider.
- Tap the menu once more and access Add-ons.
- Terminate the unreliable extensions.
- Open the menu and click Settings.
- Tap Set pages and change/remove your home page.
- In the Search box, choose Manage search engine.
- Delete the current search engine and select a new one.
- Go to Extensions and remove suspicious add-ons.
PC-Threats Recommended Software
Malwarebytes is a high quality anti-malware application that promises to protect the users from malware attacks. We are of the opinion that you will find this software easy to use and will experience ... MoreDownload
Spyhunter is a powerful anti-malware utility that can take care of your computer system. It works both as malware prevention and removal tool. Spyhunter is user-friendly and has an interface that is v... MoreDownload
STOPzilla is a trustworthy anti-malware application that can detect, block and remove malicious programs from your PC. It is capable of dealing with Trojans, spyware, ransomware, browser hijackers, po... MoreDownload