Search.atajitos.com Removal Tips
Search.atajitos.com is a browser hijacker which mostly attacks Mexican users. However, even if you are not from Mexico, it does not meant that you are safe. This hijacker can attack your browsers (Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Mozilla Firefox) and change your home page and default search engine.
As a result, you will not be able to trust the provided search results and you will be flooded with untrustworthy advertisements. Also, you should not forget the secretive way this application enters your system. Knowing all this, we strongly recommend to delete Search.atajitos.com.
What does Search.atajitos.com do?
As we mentioned before, the hijacker enters your computer in a clandestine manner. It actually uses a well known and deceptive marketing method called ‘bundling’. It means that the intruder enters your system together with free of charge software. If you often use unknown or suspicious pages to acquire freeware, you should learn to be more attentive during the installation. If you monitor every step of the process, the chances that you will download some unwanted application will be greatly diminished. Simply select Advanced or Custom installation option and deselect the boxes that inform about the additional applications.
If the software still manages to sneak in, you should remove Search.atajitos.com as soon as possible. First of all, you will not be able to perform normal searches for as long as this hijacker is inside your system. If you try to use Bing or Google, you will be instantly redirected to search.atajitos.com which will present you with suspicious search results. Tons of advertisements and unknown links will accompany your every search making it impossible to use the engine productively. Instead of suffering these unreliable results, we advise to terminate Search.atajitos.com from your system and to choose a new, trustworthy search engine.
The failure to get rid of Search.atajitos.com, may result in serious malware infection. Since the hijacker does not check the promoted third parties, it is possible that after clicking the infected ad, you will be routed to a malicious website where you will be forced to install malware. You should also know that for as long as this hijacker stays inside the PC, your computer’s general performance will be much poorer.
How to remove Search.atajitos.com?
Instead of waiting for all the above mentioned things to happen, you should take better care of your system. Employ a reputable anti-malware and use it to eliminate Search.atajitos.com from your PC. The manual Search.atajitos.com removal is also possible. For that, you should follow the guidelines provided below. Whichever option you chose, erase Search.atajitos.com without further delay.
- Access Metro UI screen and right-click on it.
- Choose All apps to open a menu and click Control Panel.
- In the Uninstall a program, right-click Search.atajitos.com.
- Select Uninstall to terminate the undesirable software.
Windows Vista or Windows 7
- Click the Windows logo in order to open the Start menu.
- Select Control Panel and access Uninstall a program.
- Right-click the application you want to delete from your PC.
- Select Uninstall and erase Search.atajitos.com.
- Click the Start button on the Taskbar.
- Choose Control Panel and double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- In the menu on the left, select Change or Remove Programs.
- Choose and Remove the untrustworthy application.
Uninstall Search.atajitos.com from your browsers
- Press Alt+X and open Manage add-ons.
- In the Toolbars and Extensions, remove suspicious extensions. Choose Search Providers.
- Remove the unwanted search engine and set another one as your default.
- Save changes and leave this window. Press Alt+X one more time.
- Open Internet Options and replace the current home page address with your preferred one. Tap OK.
- Simultaneously press Ctrl+Shift+A to open the Add-ons Manager tab.
- On the Extensions menu, select Remove next to the unknown extensions. Close the tab.
- Press Alt+T and go to Options.
- Replace the current home page with your desired one under the General tab and tap OK.
- Leave the menu and tap the icon in the Search box. Open Manage Search engines.
- Remove/change the unwanted search engine and click OK.
- Press Alt+F and go to Tools.
- In the Extensions, remove all unknown extensions and open Settings.
- Select Open a page or a set of pages and choose Set pages.
- Change/delete the current home page and tap OK. Go to Search and click Manage search engines.
- Set any search engine as your default one and erase the unwanted one.
- Click Done and restart the browser.
PC-Threats Recommended Software
Malwarebytes is a high quality anti-malware application that promises to protect the users from malware attacks. We are of the opinion that you will find this software easy to use and will experience ... MoreDownload
Spyhunter is a powerful anti-malware utility that can take care of your computer system. It works both as malware prevention and removal tool. Spyhunter is user-friendly and has an interface that is v... MoreDownload
STOPzilla is a trustworthy anti-malware application that can detect, block and remove malicious programs from your PC. It is capable of dealing with Trojans, spyware, ransomware, browser hijackers, po... MoreDownload