Scour.com Removal Guide
Scour.com is an unsafe application categorized as a browser hijacker or a redirect virus. It manages to change your browser’s settings, presents you with the dangerous links and ads, and redirects you to Scour.com without permission.
If you noticed that every time you attempt to use Google, Yahoo, or Bing you get routed to this website, it means that you definitely have a browser hijacker in your system. If you wish to keep your PC safe, you need to remove Scour.com.
What does Scour.com do?
Even though Scour.com claims to provide the user with superior search results, you will most likely be disappointed with them. In addition to the suspicious results, you will be forced to navigate trough an avalanche of advertisements and sponsored links which are useless to you and might belong to the malicious third parties. This additional data brings you no benefit, can infect you with malware, not to mention the fact that it will probably take a lot of time to filter through it and to select the relevant links. Besides, the hijacker often redirects the users to Scour.com or some other unknown page. The constant redirects are extremely annoying and they also ensure that for as long as this application stays in your compute, you will not have access to trustworthy searches results. We advise to delete Scour.com in order to change this situation.
Another thing that you should be concerned about is the tracking this software may perform. Usually, hijacker follows user’s online activities, like favorite pages, preferred browser, search queries, browsing history, and so on. If the software sells or shares this information with the unknown third parties, the consequences may be hazardous. Also, the intruder may block certain websites ensuring that you are unable to use them at all. Obviously, these are not the actions of a reliable software. We recommend to get rid of Scour.com as soon as possible.
If you do not know how this software could have entered your PC, we suggest to remember your last freeware installation. If you acquired free of charge software from the unofficial website, you should not be surprised that you discovered Scour.com in you PC a few days later. In the future, you should be more careful with free downloads, since they are often bundled with unwanted programs. Follow the freeware installations and protect your system.
How to remove Scour.com?
Under this article, you will find detailed guidelines which will help you terminate Scour.com. However, if you do not wish to spend your time dealing with this issue, you can leave it to the professionals. Purchase an authentic and up-to-date computer security application and use it to erase Scour.com. A legitimate anti-spyware will also safeguard your PC in the future.
- Navigate to the right corner of your screen.
- In the Charms bar, choose Settings.
- Tap Control Panel.
- Open Uninstall a program.
- Uninstall Scour.com.
- Open the Start menu.
- Access Control Panel.
- In the Add or Remove programs, remove Scour.com
Windows Vista and Windows 7
- Access Start menu.
- Click Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program.
- Uninstall Scour.com from your PC.
Terminate Scour.com from your browsers
- Press Ctrl+Shift+A and click Extensions.
- Remove all suspicious extensions and leave the tab.
- Click Alt+T and go to Options.
- Move to the General tab and change/delete the home page.
- Tap OK and close the menu.
- Choose the search icon and pick Manage Search engines.
- Delete/change the search engine and click OK.
- Press Alt+X and open Manage add-ons.
- In the Toolbars and Extensions, delete all unwanted extensions.
- Tap Search Providers, overwrite the search engine.
- Save changes and close the window.
- Click Alt+X and access Internet Options.
- Select the General tab and change/delete your home page.
- Choose OK.
- Tap Alt+F and move to Tools.
- Select Extensions and delete the unwanted extensions.
- Click Settings and access Open a page or a set of pages.
- Tap Set pages, delete/change the home and click OK.
- Select Manage Search Engines and replace the current search engine with a new one.
- Tap Done and restart the browser.
PC-Threats Recommended Software
Malwarebytes is a high quality anti-malware application that promises to protect the users from malware attacks. We are of the opinion that you will find this software easy to use and will experience ... MoreDownload
Spyhunter is a powerful anti-malware utility that can take care of your computer system. It works both as malware prevention and removal tool. Spyhunter is user-friendly and has an interface that is v... MoreDownload
STOPzilla is a trustworthy anti-malware application that can detect, block and remove malicious programs from your PC. It is capable of dealing with Trojans, spyware, ransomware, browser hijackers, po... MoreDownload