SafeSearch Removal Instructions
SafeSearch is a browser hijacker which changes your home page and default search engine to safesearch.net and adds a toolbar. The alterations are unauthorized and happens without your permission in all major browsers, including Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and Internet Explorer.
While the search engine looks harmless, a lot of users are unsatisfied with the provided services and look for a way to terminate SafeSearch. If you are one of them, we advise to continue reading this article.
What does SafeSearch do?
SafeSearch is usually distributed alongside free of charge software from unofficial or even untrustworthy page. If you often use such sources to acquire freeware, it is possible that you have more than just this unwanted application in your PC. We advise to purchase a reputable anti-spyware and scan your entire computer with it. A legitimate computer security tool should be able to find and delete SafeSearch and any other undesirable program. In the future, you should be more careful with your downloads. From now on, follow every step of free installations and make sure that no suspicious applications sneak inside your system without permission. If you are attentive enough, you should be able to notice the additional programs disclosed in EULA.
Once this software enters your system, you will immediately notice the unwelcome changes. As we already mentioned, the intruder modifies your browsers’ settings. These alterations take place, so that SafeSearch could present you with promoted ads and links. The links and the advertisements will mostly be displayed next to your search results. This means that for as long as this hijacker is in your system, you will not be able to trust the provided search results, since they can direct you to malicious pages. We advise to remove SafeSearch as soon as you can and avoid using the search tool in the meantime.
The last thing you need to be aware of when dealing with this hijacker is the fact that it collects information about you. It records your clicks, search queries, browsing history, geographical location, and some other data. All the gathered knowledge is used to customize the ads which may look very attractive. However, we urge you to remember that after clicking one of them, you may easily end up in a malignant page and get infected with malware. If you care about your system’s safety, delete SafeSearch.
How to remove SafeSearch?
The easiest way to eliminate SafeSearch is with a trustworthy computer security software which would also provide protection to your system in the future. However, manual SafeSearch removal is also possible. If you want to do everything by yourself, follow our guidelines on how to uninstall SafeSearch. After SafeSearch removal, do not forget to restore your browsers’ settings.
- Go to the bottom right corner of the screen and open Settings.
- Click Control Panel and select Uninstall a program.
- Uninstall SafeSearch.
- Click Start button and choose Control Panel.
- Access Add or Remove programs and get rid of SafeSearch.
Windows Vista and Windows 7
- Open Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Pick Uninstall a program and eliminate SafeSearch.
Erase SafeSearch from your browsers
- Tap the Gear icon and pick Internet Options.
- Delete the current home page and choose a new one in the General tab.
- Click the Gear icon again and access Manage Add-ons.
- In Toolbars and Extensions, delete undesirable add-ons.
- Go to Search Providers and overwrite your search engine.
- Open menu and choose Options.
- In the General tab, replace your current home page with another.
- Navigate to Search tab and change/remove your search tool.
- Press on the menu and open Add-ons.
- Terminate the undesirable extensions.
- Access menu and open Settings.
- Tap Set pages and delete/change your home page.
- Under Search, click Manage search engine.
- Select a new search provider and erase the old one.
- In the Extensions, uninstall useless add-ons.
PC-Threats Recommended Software
Malwarebytes is a high quality anti-malware application that promises to protect the users from malware attacks. We are of the opinion that you will find this software easy to use and will experience ... MoreDownload
Spyhunter is a powerful anti-malware utility that can take care of your computer system. It works both as malware prevention and removal tool. Spyhunter is user-friendly and has an interface that is v... MoreDownload
STOPzilla is a trustworthy anti-malware application that can detect, block and remove malicious programs from your PC. It is capable of dealing with Trojans, spyware, ransomware, browser hijackers, po... MoreDownload