OurSurfing.com Removal Tips
The new search engine is OurSurfing.com and is categorized as a browser hijacker. It usually uses clandestine methods to enter your computer and then changes the browsers’ settings. It affects all your favorite browsers, including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Internet Explorer and manages to attach add-on Quick Start to every one of them. Just like all the other hijackers it boasts to be able to enrich your browsing experience. Unfortunately, it is not able to fulfill this promise since its disadvantages are far more numerous than the benefits.
After all, the Qvo6 family, to which this hijacker belongs, does not have the best reputation. There is no reason why you should delay the OurSurfing.com removal.
How does OurSurfing.com work?
We must admit that from the first glance the page looks very professional and well maintained. However, you should know that it really is not the well intentioned website that it pretends to be. Let’s begin with the manner of its entrance. The method is called ‘bundling’ and is used by suspicious applications. It means that some programs enter your system together with free of charge software that you download form unsafe pages. To protect yourself you should choose Advanced or Custom installation and avoid the blind clicking of the ‘Next’ button. Do not loose control of the process and be aware of what enters your PC. This can be accomplished by deselecting the boxes that announce the additional programs. Of course, if the hijacker is already inside your system, you will have to eliminate OurSurfing.com.
It performs many nasty tricks inside your computer. You must understand that the aim of this software is to generate traffic to sponsored websites. The hijacker goes to great lengths to induce you to click these links. It collects information about you (search queries, IP address, browsing history, etc.) to personalize the presented advertisements and links. These links you will see every time you use search engine, since the search results are altered. The hijacker can route you to pages that are not only completely unrelated to your search queries, but also dangerous. The intruder does not monitor the promoted websites and you may be directed to the ones that are managed by cyber criminals. Needless to say, if that happens, you may get infected with malicious software ans loose even more valuable data like passwords or financial information. It is obvious that it is in your best interests to terminate OurSurfing.com.
Sadly, the OurSurfing.com removal may not be so easy. The hijacker changes the Target line of every browser’s shortcut and that makes it rather difficult to delete. We advise you to employ a legitimate anti-spyware to get rid of OurSurfing.com.
How to remove OurSurfing.com?
It is essential for the health of your computer to remove OurSurfing.com. Under this article you will find the detailed instructions on how to eliminate OurSurfing.com.
Windows Vista and Windows 7
1. Click Start and choose Control Panel.
2. Go to Uninstall a program and uninstall OurSurfing.com.
1. Open Start menu and select Control Panel.
2. Choose Add or Remove programs and terminate OurSurfing.com.
1. Go to the bottom right corner of the screen and choose Settings.
2. Select Control Panel and click Uninstall a program.
3. Uninstall OurSurfing.com.
Delete the changes from the target line
1. Right-click the browser’s shortcut and choose Properties.
2. Move to the Target line and everything after the program’s executable.
Delete OurSurfing.com from your browsers
1. Press Alt+X and choose Manage add-ons.
2. Move to Toolbars and Extensions and delete all the suspicious extensions.
3. Go to Search Provider and set a new search engine.
4. Save the changes and leave the window.
5. Press Alt+X again and move to Internet Options.
6. In the General tab set a new home page and click OK.
1. Simultaneously press Ctrl+Shift+A. You are in Add-ons Manager tab.
2. Go to Extensions menu and delete all the suspicious entries.
3. Leave the tab and Press Alt+T.
4. Select Options and move to General tab.
5. Set an new home page, click OK, and close the menu.
6. Click the search engine’s icon next to the Search box and choose Manage Search Engines.
7. Delete the unwanted search engine and set a new one as your default search engine.
8. Click OK.
1. Press Alt+F and go to Tools.
2. Choose Extensions and delete all the unknown add-ons.
3. Click Settings and move towards On Startup.
4. Choose Open a page or a set of pages and click Set Pages.
5. Set a new home page and click OK.
6. Under Search choose Manage search engines and set a new search engine.
7. Click Done and restart the browser.
PC-Threats Recommended Software
Malwarebytes is a high quality anti-malware application that promises to protect the users from malware attacks. We are of the opinion that you will find this software easy to use and will experience ... MoreDownload
Spyhunter is a powerful anti-malware utility that can take care of your computer system. It works both as malware prevention and removal tool. Spyhunter is user-friendly and has an interface that is v... MoreDownload
STOPzilla is a trustworthy anti-malware application that can detect, block and remove malicious programs from your PC. It is capable of dealing with Trojans, spyware, ransomware, browser hijackers, po... MoreDownload