Mywebsearch.com Removal Guide
Mywebsearch.com is yet another browser hijacker that has the ability to infect Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox. If your home page and default search engine were changed in all of these browsers, you can be sure that you have a hijacker in your system.
The provided search engine looks pretty ordinary and presents the user with some shortcuts to the most popular websites (Yahoo, Twitter, Facebook, etc.). However, we do not recommend to trust the information provided by this search tool. In fact, it is highly recommended to get rid of mywebsearch.com.
What does mywebsearch.com do?
The presented search engine belongs to Mindspark Interactive, Inc. and is supposedly powered by Google. However, you should not to trust this search tool, as it provides unreliable search results. Since the hijacker earns money by promoting the third parties and increasing traffic to their websites, you should expect being presented with a bunch of sponsored links and advertisements every time you use the search tool. All those additional links scattered in between the results make it very hard to find any relevant information and if you attempt to do that, you will vast a lot of your time or get exposed to the malicious content.
The unknown third parties associated with this software is one of the main reasons you should delete mywebsearch.com. The intruder does not care about your system’s safety and thus it does not check the pages to which you will be directed. The result of such negligence can include malware infection. Needless to say, virus Trojan, worm, or some other serious malignant software can wreck your system, steal your information and money. To protect your PC from this outcome, you need to terminate mywebsearch.com as soon as you can.
You should also be more careful in the future. Most likely, this hijacker entered your system together with freeware which you acquired from some unreliable source. If you are one of those users, who often use unofficial pages to download free of charge software, you need to always be very attentive during the installation process. Monitor every step of the procedure and read the entire software license agreement. This will allow you to notice the boxes which inform about additional programs and deselect them.
How to remove mywebsearch.com?
The easiest way to delete mywebsearch.com is with a reputable and up-to-date computer security software. A powerful anti-spyware will erase mywebsearch.com and protect your system in the future. Of course, you can also take care of mywebsearch.com removal manually. For that you will need to follow step-buy-step instructions provided under this article.
- Move to the bottom right corner of the screen and wait for the Charms bar to appear.
- Click Settings.
- Access Control Panel.
- Pick Uninstall a program.
- Eliminate mywebsearch.com.
- Open Start menu.
- Select Control Panel.
- Navigate to Add or Remove programs.
- Remove mywebsearch.com from your PC.
Windows Vista and Windows 7
- Access Start menu.
- Tap Control Panel.
- Choose Uninstall a program.
- Uninstall mywebsearch.com.
Uninstall mywebsearch.com from your browsers
- Tap Ctrl+Shift+A and click Extensions.
- Remove suspicious extensions and leave the tab.
- Press Alt+T and open Options.
- Replace the home page with your preferred one.
- Choose OK and leave the menu.
- Select the search icon and choose Manage Search engines.
- Delete the untrustworthy search engine and set a new search tool.
- Click OK.
- Press Alt+F and access Tools.
- Click Extensions and erase the unknown extensions.
- Select Settings and tap Open a page or a set of pages.
- Pick Set pages and change/delete the home page.
- Click OK and open Manage Search Engines.
- Overwrite the search engine and tap Done.
- Restart the browser.
- Click Alt+X and choose Manage add-ons.
- Move to Toolbars and Extensions and remove suspicious extensions.
- Click Search Providers and change/remove the search engine.
- Save changes and leave the window.
- Press Alt+X and access Internet Options.
- Delete your current home page and select a new one.
- Click OK.
PC-Threats Recommended Software
Malwarebytes is a high quality anti-malware application that promises to protect the users from malware attacks. We are of the opinion that you will find this software easy to use and will experience ... MoreDownload
Spyhunter is a powerful anti-malware utility that can take care of your computer system. It works both as malware prevention and removal tool. Spyhunter is user-friendly and has an interface that is v... MoreDownload
STOPzilla is a trustworthy anti-malware application that can detect, block and remove malicious programs from your PC. It is capable of dealing with Trojans, spyware, ransomware, browser hijackers, po... MoreDownload