MySocialShortcut Toolbar Removal Tips
MySocialShortcut Toolbar was created by the infamous Mindspark Interactive Network. This toolbar often enters your computer in a clandestine manner and changes your browsers’ settings. Instead of your usual search tools you will be presented with Ask.com website.
This may happen in your Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome browsers. Additionally, this toolbar may expose you to the untrustworthy third parties. We recommend to eliminate MySocialShortcut Toolbar from your PC, before it caused you more troubles.
What does MySocialShortcut Toolbar do?
You can acquire MySocialShortcut Toolbar from its official website Mysocialshortcut.com. If you installed the application from this source, you were probably asked if you agree to change your home page and default search engine to Ask.com. However, users that download this toolbar from unofficial or untrustworthy pages, may simply find their settings changed without their permission.
Also, you should be aware that it is possible to find MySocialShortcut Toolbar in your computer after your install free of charge software from suspicious websites. This way you may also acquire some kind of malicious software as well. Be very careful with your system’s safety and download freeware only from the official pages. If this option is not available to you, you should at least follow every step of the installation wizard closely. Read the entire software license agreement and look for the boxes that announce the additional applications. When you notice them, click the ‘Decline’ button. If this intruder still managed to sneak into your system, delete MySocialShortcut Toolbar.
The most important reason to get rid of MySocialShortcut Toolbar is not its clandestine manner of entering your system, but the fact that it may expose you to the malignant third parties. As l0ng as the search tools presented by this toolbar is in your computer, you will not be able to trust your search results. The provided search engine often displays unchecked links which means that after clicking one of them, you can get routed to a malicious website. If this happens, chances are that you will be infected with malware. To protect your computer from such outcome, you need to uninstall MySocialShortcut Toolbar from your PC and to undo the changes performed by this invader.
How to remove MySocialShortcut Toolbar?
As long as this toolbar is in your system, you will not be able to browse safely. We recommend to purchase an authentic and up-to-date computer security software and to delete MySocialShortcut Toolbar with it. Your other option is to perform manual MySocialShortcut Toolbar removal. For that you should follow the instructions provided below.
Terminate MySocialShortcut Toolbar
- Click Windows key + R and enter Control Panel.
- Tap OK and navigate to Uninstall a program.
- Uninstall MySocialShortcut Toolbar.
Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Press Start and open Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and terminate MySocialShortcut Toolbar.
- Tap Start button to open the menu and click Control Panel.
- Choose Add or Remove programs and remove MySocialShortcut Toolbar.
Erase MySocialShortcut Toolbar from your browsers
- Click Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously and open Extensions.
- Remove all suspicious extensions and leave the tab.
- Press Alt+T and access Options.
- In the General tab, replace the current home page with the one you prefer and tap OK.
- Close the menu and tap the search icon. Select Manage Search engines.
- Eliminate the unwanted search tool and choose another one as your default. Click OK.
- Press Alt+F and access Tools.
- Choose Extensions and remove the suspicious extensions form the list.
- Select Settings and click Open a page or a set of pages (under On startup).
- Tap Set pages and delete/change your home page. Click OK.
- Under Search, open Manage Search Engines and replace the current search engine with the one you like.
- Tap Done and restart your browser.
- At the same time click Alt+X and open Manage add-ons.
- In the Toolbars and Extensions, delete all unwanted extensions and go to Search Providers.
- Delete the unwanted search engine and select a new one. Save the changes and close the window.
- Click Alt+X and navigate to Internet Options.
- In the General tab, delete your current home page and set a new one. Tap OK.
PC-Threats Recommended Software
Malwarebytes is a high quality anti-malware application that promises to protect the users from malware attacks. We are of the opinion that you will find this software easy to use and will experience ... MoreDownload
Spyhunter is a powerful anti-malware utility that can take care of your computer system. It works both as malware prevention and removal tool. Spyhunter is user-friendly and has an interface that is v... MoreDownload
STOPzilla is a trustworthy anti-malware application that can detect, block and remove malicious programs from your PC. It is capable of dealing with Trojans, spyware, ransomware, browser hijackers, po... MoreDownload