Moviesfanatic.com Removal Guide
Moviesfanatic.com is a search engine created by Aztec Media. This company is already known for such potentially unwanted programs like Linkey Project and browser hijackers like Default-search.net. Once the intruder enters your computer, it will immediately change the settings in all your browsers.
Its main page is filled with links to articles about latest movie news and has a simple search box which routes all your search queries to Yahoo!. A search engine that is unable to provide you with authentic search results should not be trusted and thus we advise to delete moviesfanatic.com.
What does moviesfanatic.com do?
Like any other hijacker, moviesfanatic.com enters your computer in a clandestine manner. The method this software uses to enter your computer is called ‘bundling’ and is employed to monetize free downloads by distributing potentially undesirable programs. It means that this intruder infiltrated your computer after you installed freeware from some suspicious or at least unofficial source. In the future, you should use only the official pages or at least follow the installation process very closely. For now you should know that this hijacker tends to travel alongside Adware.HealthcareGovTool, Adware.Shop Time, Adware.PathMaxx, PUP.Super Optimizer,etc. and that any of these programs could reside in your system.
As we said before, the search tool directs your searches to Yahoo! which makes some users think that they can trust their search results. Unfortunately, that is not the case. Even though the results come from Yahoo!, the application manages to alter them by adding sponsored links and ads. Bearing in mind that the hijacker certainly does not care about your computer’s safety, the results can be dangerous. moviesfanatic.com earns money for every click on the predetermined links, however it does not check their owners. This leaves you vulnerable against possible attacks from the malicious third parties. Be careful and remove moviesfanatic.com before you find yourself in an infected website.
Finally, you should also be aware that the hijacker tracks your online activities and records the gathered data. Your information (IP address, geographical location, search queries, visited pages, etc.) is collected and used to make the ads more attractive. However, in addition to customization the data is also shared with the third parties, which as we said, are untrustworthy. The unauthorized spread of your information should convince you to get rid of moviesfanatic.com.
How to remove moviesfanatic.com?
If you decided to eliminate moviesfanatic.com, you can choose between two options. For manual moviesfanatic.com removal, we prepared detailed instructions which you will find below. However, if you would rather leave everything to the professionals, we recommend to install a reputable anti-spyware. A trustworthy and legitimate computer security tool will be able to terminate moviesfanatic.com and safeguard your computer afterwards.
- Navigate to the right corner of the screen and wait for the Charm menu to appear.
- Open Settings and choose Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a program and uninstall moviesfanatic.com.
- Press Start button and select Control Panel.
- Move to the Add or Remove programs and eliminate moviesfanatic.com.
Windows Vista and Windows 7
- Access Start menu and tap Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and uninstall unwanted software.
Erase moviesfanatic.com form your browsers
- Click Alt+X at the same time and go to Manage add-ons.
- Access Toolbars and Extensions and terminate all unknown applications.
- Press Search Providers on the left and remove/change the search tool.
- Save the changes and leave window. Press Alt+X one more time and go to Internet Options.
- Replace the current home page with your desired one. Tap OK.
- Simultaneously click Ctrl+Shift+A to open the Add-ons Manager tab.
- Move to the Extensions menu and tap Remove button next to unknown extensions. Leave the tab.
- Press Alt+T and choose Options.
- Replace the current home page with another one. Tap OK and close the menu.
- Select the icon in the Search box and open Manage Search engines.
- Overwrite the search engine and click OK.
- Press Alt+F and open Tools.
- In the Extensions, delete undesirable applications (click the trash can).
- Open Settings and pick Open a page or a set of pages.
- Go to Set pages, remove the current home page address and enter your desired one. Click OK.
- Under Search, press on Manage search engines and overwrite your search tool.
- Tap Done and restart the browser.
PC-Threats Recommended Software
Malwarebytes is a high quality anti-malware application that promises to protect the users from malware attacks. We are of the opinion that you will find this software easy to use and will experience ... MoreDownload
Spyhunter is a powerful anti-malware utility that can take care of your computer system. It works both as malware prevention and removal tool. Spyhunter is user-friendly and has an interface that is v... MoreDownload
STOPzilla is a trustworthy anti-malware application that can detect, block and remove malicious programs from your PC. It is capable of dealing with Trojans, spyware, ransomware, browser hijackers, po... MoreDownload