LocalScavenger Toolbar Removal Guide
LocalScavenger Toolbar is a potentially unwanted application created by Mindspark Interactive Network, Inc. According to its official website localscavenger.com, this software will help you access various classifieds and find information about local services and events.
While all of this sounds very useful, there are also some other things that you need to be aware of. If you download this toolbar directly, then you will notice that your home page and search engine were changed to Ask.com in all your browsers. Furthermore, users who have acquired this software from suspicious pages, may find some other unwanted application or even malware in their computers too. If either of these things happened to you, do not hesitate and terminate LocalScavenger Toolbar.
What does LocalScavenger Toolbar do?
Although many people install this toolbar voluntarily, some users find it in their computers after freeware installation from suspicious pages. If you are one of the victims of this deceptive marketing method, we advise to scan your computer. It is possible that LocalScavenger Toolbar is not the only undesirable software in your system right now. The best decision would be to purchase a anti-spyware and let it delete LocalScavenger Toolbar as well as all the other intruders. In the future, you also need to be more careful with your freeware installations. Make sure that you control the entire process by choosing Advanced or Custom option. Also, read the End User License Agreement. In this document, you should look for the additional software and deselect it. If the program managed to sneak in, you will need to remove LocalScavenger Toolbar.
Users who download the toolbar directly from its official website experience other problems. If you are not attentive enough during the installation, you may be surprised that afterwards your browsers settings are changed to home.tb.ask.com and search.tb.ask.com. While users are informed about the pending modifications, in many cases they do not follow the download process and thus, miss it. Even if you have no problems with these alterations, we do not recommend using the presented search tool. Ask.com is known for its promotion of the affiliate third parties which means that your search results will be filled with sponsored links and ads. While this is certainly annoying, the bigger problem is the fact that after clicking them, you may find yourself in a suspicious page and maybe even get infected with malware. Before that happens, get rid of LocalScavenger Toolbar.
How to remove LocalScavenger Toolbar?
In order to remove LocalScavenger Toolbar from your computer, you should follow the instructions provided below. These guidelines will also help you restore your lost settings. Another option is to buy a legitimate computer security software and let it erase LocalScavenger Toolbar for you. If you choose this LocalScavenger Toolbar removal option, the same tool will also stay in the system to protect your computer from other threats.
Delete LocalScavenger Toolbar
- Navigate to the bottom right corner of the screen and open Settings.
- Tap Control Panel and choose Uninstall a program. Uninstall LocalScavenger Toolbar.
- Press Start button and access Control Panel.
- Go to Add or Remove programs and get rid of LocalScavenger Toolbar.
Windows Vista and Windows 7
- Open Start menu and open Control Panel.
- Pick Uninstall a program and uninstall suspicious application.
Eliminate LocalScavenger Toolbar from your browsers
- Tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously and choose Extensions.
- Terminate all undesirable extensions and close the tab.
- Press Alt+T and move to Options.
- Open the General tab and change/remove the home page.
- Click OK and leave the menu.
- Select the icon in the search box and choose Manage Search engines.
- Uninstall the unwanted search engine and choose another one as your default.
- Press OK.
- Press Alt+F and navigate to Tools.
- Access Extensions and delete the unwanted extensions.
- Pick Settings and tap Open a page or a set of pages under On startup.
- Open Set pages and overwrite the home page. Click OK.
- Go to Manage Search Engines under search and remove/change the search engine.
- Click Done and restart the browser.
- Clcik Alt+X and move to Manage add-ons.
- In the Toolbars and Extensions, erase the unwanted extensions.
- Go to Search Providers, remove the unwanted search engine and pick a new one.
- Save changes and leave the window. Tap Alt+X and access Internet Options.
- In the General tab, remove your current home page and choose another.
- Click OK.
PC-Threats Recommended Software
Malwarebytes is a high quality anti-malware application that promises to protect the users from malware attacks. We are of the opinion that you will find this software easy to use and will experience ... MoreDownload
Spyhunter is a powerful anti-malware utility that can take care of your computer system. It works both as malware prevention and removal tool. Spyhunter is user-friendly and has an interface that is v... MoreDownload
STOPzilla is a trustworthy anti-malware application that can detect, block and remove malicious programs from your PC. It is capable of dealing with Trojans, spyware, ransomware, browser hijackers, po... MoreDownload