Jogostempo.com Removal Guide
Jogostempo.com is categorized as a browser hijacker, because once it enters your computer it immediately changes your home page to Jogostempo.com. Even though this page looks similar to Yahoo! Search engine, you should know that it has nothing to do with it and you should not trust it. It was created to make you click the predetermined links in order to increase traffic to the sponsored pages and it targets mostly Brazilian users.
That is why it infiltrates all major browsers (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome) and shows you countless advertisements. You should definitely eliminate Jogostempo.com from your PC.
What does Jogostempo.com do?
The files which we associate with Jogostempo.com are signed by Beijing Gaojiaoxintu Technology Co., Ltd. A more thorough analyze revealed that the hijacker represents Baidu search tool. The user is able to choose between this and the Yahoo-powered search engine. However, since both engines present the user with altered search results we recommend to stay away from them. The best possible decision in this situation would be to delete Jogostempo.com from your computer and from all your browsers. Instead of trustworthy results, it will provide you with numerous ads and links to the websites that belong to the unknown third parties. Both the ads an the links can be very dangerous. The advertisements you will also see in your new home page next to the shortcuts to popular websites, while the additional links will be spread among your search result hoping that you will choose them. After clicking the presented link, the application can route you to unknown or even suspicious pages where you may encounter the malicious third parties or even get infected with malware. Be careful and do not risk the safety of your system.
Since this software travels together with freeware, you should not be surprised by the fact that it brings other applications alongside. One of them is gamegogle app which allows you to quickly reach another highly untrustworthy page gamegogle.com. Also, the intruder may install a service in the background which will update the hijacker regularly. All this indicates that you will not only need to get rid of Jogostempo.com, but also will have to terminate other software as well. Unfortunately, it is also not unusual to find some leftover files after Jogostempo.com removal. If that happens to you, you need to remove these files as soon as possible.
How to remove Jogostempo.com?
If you would use a legitimate security tool to delete Jogostempo.com, the process will be quick and there will be no leftover files to worry about. That is the main reason we recommend to use a reliable security software. However, it is also possible to erase Jogostempo.com manually. Follow the instructions bellow and clean your PC.
- Tap Start button in the Taskbar and choose Control Panel.
- Select Add or Remove programs and remove Jogostempo.com.
Windows Vista and Windows 7
- Access Start menu and click Control Panel.
- Choose Uninstall a program and uninstall Jogostempo.com.
- Move the cursor to the the bottom right corner of the screen and click Settings.
- Open Control Panel and select Uninstall a program. Uninstall Jogostempo.com from your PC.
Get rid of Jogostempo.com from your browsers
- Press Alt+F and open Tools.
- Move to Extensions and remove the unknown extensions.
- Select Settings and tap Open a page or a set of pages under On startup.
- Click Set pages and eliminate the current home page.
- Choose a new home page and tap OK.
- Under search, select Manage Search Engines and remove the current search engine.
- Choose a new search tool. Tap Done and restart the browser.
- At the same time press Alt+X and go to Manage add-ons.
- Access Toolbars and Extensions and terminate all unwanted extensions.
- In the Search Providers, remove the unwanted search engine and select a new one.
- Save the changes and leave this window.
- Press Alt+X one more time and click Internet Options.
- Delete/change your current home page and select a new one in the General tab. Click OK.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously and open Extensions.
- Remove all suspicious extensions from the list and close the tab.
- Press Alt+T and navigate to Options.
- Change/remove the home page in the General tab and click OK. Leave the menu.
- Tap the icon in the search box and select Manage Search engines.
- Delete the unwanted search engine and choose your new default search engine. Click OK.
PC-Threats Recommended Software
Malwarebytes is a high quality anti-malware application that promises to protect the users from malware attacks. We are of the opinion that you will find this software easy to use and will experience ... MoreDownload
Spyhunter is a powerful anti-malware utility that can take care of your computer system. It works both as malware prevention and removal tool. Spyhunter is user-friendly and has an interface that is v... MoreDownload
STOPzilla is a trustworthy anti-malware application that can detect, block and remove malicious programs from your PC. It is capable of dealing with Trojans, spyware, ransomware, browser hijackers, po... MoreDownload