istartsurf.com Removal Tips
istartsurf.com is a browser hijacker compatible with Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox browsers. The hijacker is very similar to V9.com, Omiga-plus.com, or Webssearches.com and belongs to the same family Qone8.
The software usually infiltrates computer bundled with freeware and immediately changes your home page, default search engine and modifies your Target line. All this indicates that istartsurf.com removal will not be easy. Read this article to find out what are your options and then you will be able to decide which one is best for you.
What does istartsurf.com do?
While this engine does not look threatening, you should know that hijackers are known for helping malware infiltrate new computers and thus we do not recommend trusting any information provided by this intruder. First of all, istartsurf.com will take over your browsers. If you attempt to use the provided search engine, you will be presented with altered results. The hijacker promotes the third parties and thus you will see many sponsored links and advertisements which will make it very difficult to filter through the results. While the ads are very irritating and distracting, we would like to draw your attention to the fact that no one monitors the third parties that own these ads. Since we already indicated that hijackers are often exploited by cyber criminals, it becomes clear that sooner or later you will be directed to the malignant websites. If you visit such page, you will most likely get infected with virus, keylogger, Trojan, etc. To protect your PC you need to remove istartsurf.com.
Additionally, this software may track your online activities. It was noticed that istartsurf.com sometimes travels with cookies which can help the application find out your browsing history, search queries, and other information that will help the intruder customize the numerous ads it shows. If you feel that this untrustworthy software violates your privacy, we advise to eliminate istartsurf.com.
It is very important to note that in the beginning of 2015 this hijacker was updated. Now the application is capable of traveling in PDF creators, video streaming software, download managers, etc. bundles. It still can change your browsers’ settings and wreck your system. Also, this application now employs helper objects to protect itself from the removal. Since all this makes the intruder even more dangerous and sophisticated, we advise to use a legitimate anti-spyware to get rid of istartsurf.com.
How to remove istartsurf.com?
As we said, the best decision would be to leave istartsurf.com removal to the professionals. If you would purchase an authentic computer security software, you could be sure that your PC will be cleaned. However, in most cases you can also erase istartsurf.com manually. Whichever way you choose, do not let this software linger in your system any longer.
Windows Vista and Windows 7
- Tap Start and open Control Panel.
- Pick Uninstall a program and uninstall istartsurf.com.
- Click Start to open the menu and choose Control Panel.
- Access Add or Remove programs and delete istartsurf.com.
- Click Windows key + R together and type in Control Panel.
- Select OK and open Uninstall a program.
- Uninstall istartsurf.com from your system.
Terminate istartsurf.com from your browsers
- Tap the Gear icon and Access Internet Options.
- Replace your home page with the the one you prefer (in the General tab).
- Move to Gear icon and open Manage Add-ons.
- In the Toolbars and Extensions, erase the unwanted add-ons.
- Access Search Providers, designate a new search engine and remove the old one.
- Open the menu and access Options.
- In the General tab, change/delete your home page.
- Navigate to Search tab, choose your new search provider and delete the suspicious search tool.
- Access the menu again and open Add-ons.
- Terminate the unwanted extensions.
- Click the menu and open Settings.
- Select Set pages and replace the home page with the one you prefer.
- Under Search, choose Manage search engines and change/delete a new search provider.
- Go to Extensions and delete useless add-ons.
PC-Threats Recommended Software
Malwarebytes is a high quality anti-malware application that promises to protect the users from malware attacks. We are of the opinion that you will find this software easy to use and will experience ... MoreDownload
Spyhunter is a powerful anti-malware utility that can take care of your computer system. It works both as malware prevention and removal tool. Spyhunter is user-friendly and has an interface that is v... MoreDownload
STOPzilla is a trustworthy anti-malware application that can detect, block and remove malicious programs from your PC. It is capable of dealing with Trojans, spyware, ransomware, browser hijackers, po... MoreDownload