Firefox redirect virus Removal Instructions
Firefox redirect virus is a name used to indicate browser hijackers, toolbars, and plug-ins that attack Mozilla Firefox browser with the goal to direct traffic to the affiliate pages. If you encountered either one of these applications, you probably already noticed that the intruder manages to change your home page, new tab page, and default search engine too. This is done so that the virus would be able to control your searches and present you with advertisements.
Bear in mind that the intruder generates revenue for every click on sponsored links, thus it will do everything to make you click them. Be careful during your browsing and delete Firefox redirect virus, if you think that it resides in your system.
What does Firefox redirect virus do?
In order to infiltrate your computer unnoticed, these type of infections usually use a famous and deceptive marketing method called ‘bundling’. Basically it means that your system was infected during your last freeware installation. Users who often download free programs form unofficial pages are especially vulnerable against such attacks. If you do not plan to change your sources, you need to start following the installation wizard very attentively. Always pick Advanced or Custom option and read the provided End User License Agreement (EULA). In this document, locate and deselect the suspicious software
Another reason why redirect viruses are so dangerous is the fact that you will never know to what kind of page you will be routed. Since browser hijackers are often associated with the malicious third parties, it is very likely that you will find yourself in some kind of malignant website. You will probably experience redirection after you click a suspicious ad or link. In most cases, these excursions result in malware infections which can cause much more trouble than the original virus. To avoid such infiltration, you need to remove Firefox redirect virus.
In addition to all of the above mentioned features, you should also know that various redirect programs tend to collect user’s data. Even though the recorded information is usually not personally identifiable, you still cannot tolerate such activity. The situation starts looking even more suspicious when you realize that the software shares gathered data with third parties too. To stop this free spread of your data, you need to get rid of Firefox redirect virus.
How to remove Firefox redirect virus?
If you determined that your PC is infected by this software, you need to take care of Firefox redirect virus removal at once. The best decision would be to employ a trustworthy computer security application and let it remove Firefox redirect virus for you. Another possibility is to follow manual Firefox redirect virus removal instructions displayed below. Whichever way you choose, eliminate Firefox redirect virus right now.
Terminate Firefox redirect virus
- Access Charm menu and click Settings.
- Press Control Panel and choose Uninstall a program.
- Uninstall Firefox redirect virus.
- Tap Start button on the Taskbar and select Control Panel.
- Pick Add or Remove programs and delete Firefox redirect virus.
Windows Vista and Windows 7
- Open Start menu and press Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and uninstall suspicious software.
Erase Firefox redirect virus from your Mozilla Firefox
- Type in “about:config” into your url bar in order to open Settings.
- Enter “Keyword.url” into a search box, right click and reset it.
- Type in “browser.search.defaultengine” into the search box. Right click and reset it.
- Enter “browser.search.selectedengine” into the same a search box and right click and reset it one more time.
- This time, enter ‘browser.newtab.url’. Right-click and reset it, so that the search page does not appear in new tab page.
- Since usually startup page is infected as well, do not forget to fix it too.
- In case you are still experiencing redirection, run regedit application and look for the site that hijacks the start page.
- Delete this page and choose the one you trust.
PC-Threats Recommended Software
Malwarebytes is a high quality anti-malware application that promises to protect the users from malware attacks. We are of the opinion that you will find this software easy to use and will experience ... MoreDownload
Spyhunter is a powerful anti-malware utility that can take care of your computer system. It works both as malware prevention and removal tool. Spyhunter is user-friendly and has an interface that is v... MoreDownload
STOPzilla is a trustworthy anti-malware application that can detect, block and remove malicious programs from your PC. It is capable of dealing with Trojans, spyware, ransomware, browser hijackers, po... MoreDownload