Email Fanatic Toolbar Removal Guide
If suddenly you were presented with an annoying toolbar and your home page and default search engine were changed to Ask.com, it is very likely that Email Fanatic Toolbar secretly entered your PC. This application was created by the infamous Mindspark Interactive Network. It automatically changes users’ settings upon entering the computer, unless the user monitors the installation very closely and unchecks the box with this option.
Once the intruder infiltrates your PC, it will immediately appear in all your favorite browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox. If you found this application in your system, we suggest to read the following article to learn how to terminate Email Fanatic Toolbar.
What does Email Fanatic Toolbar do?
As we said, upon entering your PC the software will automatically change your usual home page and default search engine to Ask.com which is always used with Mindspark’s products. While this search tool is legitimate, we do not recommend using it. Ask.com is known as a website that constantly bombards its users with advertisements and sponsored links. The amount of ads is so overwhelming, that the majority of users soon start complaining and looking for ways to recover their old settings. In your case, the best decision would be to remove Email Fanatic Toolbar in order to get rid of the annoying search engine.
Another thing you should know about this application is its tendency to collect user’s data. Such information like IP address, geographical location, search queries, browsing history, clicks, favorite pages, etc. is recorded and shared with the third parties. The only way to stop the uncontrollable spread of you data is to delete Email Fanatic Toolbar.
How did Email Fanatic Toolbar enter your system?
Many users do not remember ever downloading Email Fanatic Toolbar. If that is what happened to you too, it means that your PC was infiltrated during your latest freeware installation. Potentially unwanted applications are often used to monetize free downloads. Since distributors of such programs know that users rarely monitor the installation process, they spread their products alongside freeware. In order to protect your computer from similar infiltrations, choose Advanced or Custom option and read software license agreement. In this document, look for boxes that announce additional programs and then deselect them.
How to remove Email Fanatic Toolbar?
If you decided to get rid of Email Fanatic Toolbar, we present you with two options. The first choice is to uninstall Email Fanatic Toolbar manually following the instructions provided below. Another option is to eliminate Email Fanatic Toolbar with a help of a reputable computer security software. The same anti-spyware would also stay in your computer to protect it from future threats after Email Fanatic Toolbar removal.
Delete Email Fanatic Toolbar
- Press the Windows key + X.
- Choose Control Panel.
- Tap Uninstall a program.
- Uninstall Email Fanatic Toolbar.
Windows 7 and Windows Vista
- Access the Start menu.
- Pick Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program.
- Open the unwanted program.
- Click Uninstall to terminate Email Fanatic Toolbar.
- Click the Start button.
- Press Control Panel.
- Tap Add or Remove Programs.
- Pick the suspicious software.
- Click the Remove button.
Erase Email Fanatic Toolbar form your browsers
- Press Alt+X and go to Manage add-ons.
- Open Toolbars and Extensions and remove unknown applications.
- Click Search Providers and remove/change the search engine.
- Save changes and close window. Click Alt+X again.
- In the Internet Options, under the General tab, replace the current home page address with your desired one.
- Click OK.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously to open the Add-ons Manager tab.
- In the Extensions menu, click Remove next to undesirable extensions. Close the tab.
- Press Alt+T and select Options.
- Under General tab, replace the current home page address with another one.
- Click OK and close the menu. Tap the search icon and open Manage Search engines.
- Overwrite the search engine and click OK.
- Press Alt+F and scroll over Tools.
- Go to Extensions and remove all unknown applications via the trash can.
- Click Settings and select Open a page or a set of pages.
- Press Set pages, remove the current home page address and enter your desired one. Tap OK.
- Under Search, choose Manage search engines.
- Set any search engine as your default one and erase the unwanted one.
- Click Done and restart the browser.
PC-Threats Recommended Software
Malwarebytes is a high quality anti-malware application that promises to protect the users from malware attacks. We are of the opinion that you will find this software easy to use and will experience ... MoreDownload
Spyhunter is a powerful anti-malware utility that can take care of your computer system. It works both as malware prevention and removal tool. Spyhunter is user-friendly and has an interface that is v... MoreDownload
STOPzilla is a trustworthy anti-malware application that can detect, block and remove malicious programs from your PC. It is capable of dealing with Trojans, spyware, ransomware, browser hijackers, po... MoreDownload