What is Ebon Browser Virus?
While Ebon Browser is a legitimate web browser based on Firefox (an open-source browser), we do not recommend trusting it. Its official home page is ebonbrowser.com/index.html and it is published by Ebon. However, you should know that this intruder enters computer and starts changing settings without user’s permission. If suddenly instead of you normal home page you see Ebon and Snap.do suddenly became your search tool, it means that this application is indeed in your system. After reading the following article you will understand why this software is so dangerous and how you should remove Ebon Browser Virus from your PC.
What does Ebon Browser Virus do?
As we said, the intruder enters your computer without permission. In most cases, the application travels bundled with freeware, from unofficial pages. This method is called ‘bundling’ and is used to monetize free downloads. To prevent this and many other unwanted programs from entering the system, you should monitor installations more closely. Make sure to choose Advanced or Custom installation option and always read the software license agreement. When you notice the suspicious boxes that announce additional software, deselect them. Also, be more careful with spam email attachments, because the hijacker may be distributed with them too.
Since the software presents you with a new search engine, you will probably experience many difficulties when searching for something. It is very likely, that instead of trustworthy and relevant search results you will see a lot of promoted links and ads. We do not recommend clicking any of them, because you may find yourself in a website managed by cyber crooks. It is possible that afterwards you will end up with numerous unwanted or even malicious programs in your PC. In addition to this, you may also experience redirection in the middle of your browsing session which can be just as dangerous. We advice to stay away from the provided search tools and to delete Ebon Browser Virus.
Another suspicious feature of Ebon Browser Virus is the tracking it performs. This application can collect your phone number, home address, your full name, email address, IP address, etc. Since the software itself is not trustworthy, you should never allow it access to information like that. To make sure that this does not happen, eliminate Ebon Browser Virus.
How to remove Ebon Browser Virus?
This article should be enough to convince you that you need to terminate Ebon Browser Virus. We recommend to install an authentic computer security tool and allow it to delete Ebon Browser Virus for you. However, manual Ebon Browser Virus removal is also possible, since it has uninstall that is listed as Ebon Maintenance Service and Ebon. Follow the guide provided below and get rid of Ebon Browser Virus.
Delete Ebon Browser Virus
- Click Windows key + R simultaneously and enter Control Panel.
- Press OK and navigate to Uninstall a program.
- Delete Ebon Maintenance Service and Ebon entries.
Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Click Start on the Taskbar and access Control Panel.
- Choose Uninstall a program and uninstall Ebon Maintenance Service and Ebon.
- Access Start menu on the Taskbar and tap Control Panel.
- Select Add or Remove programs and eliminate Ebon Maintenance Service and Ebon.
Erase Ebon Browser Virus from your browsers
- Click Ctrl+Shift+A and open Extensions.
- Terminate suspicious extensions and leave the tab.
- Tap Alt+T and navigate to Options.
- In the General tab, replace your home page with your preferred one.
- Click OK and close the menu. Tap the search icon and press Manage Search engines.
- Overwrite the search tool and click OK.
- Press Alt+X and access Manage add-ons.
- In the Toolbars and Extensions, remove all unwanted extensions.
- Tap Search Providers and replace the unwanted search engine with a new one.
- Save changes and leave the window. Click Alt+X and tap Internet Options.
- In the General tab, remove/change the home page and click OK.
- At the same time tap Alt+F and go to Tools.
- Choose Extensions and delete the undesirable ones.
- Press Settings and click Open a page or a set of pages.
- Open Set pages, delete/change the home page and click OK.
- Pick Manage Search Engines, remove the current search engine and select a new one.
- Tap Done and restart the browser.
PC-Threats Recommended Software
Malwarebytes is a high quality anti-malware application that promises to protect the users from malware attacks. We are of the opinion that you will find this software easy to use and will experience ... MoreDownload
Spyhunter is a powerful anti-malware utility that can take care of your computer system. It works both as malware prevention and removal tool. Spyhunter is user-friendly and has an interface that is v... MoreDownload
STOPzilla is a trustworthy anti-malware application that can detect, block and remove malicious programs from your PC. It is capable of dealing with Trojans, spyware, ransomware, browser hijackers, po... MoreDownload