CursorMania Toolbar Removal Guide
CursorMania Toolbar is yet another toolbar from Mindspark Interactive Network family which is classified as a pottetnially unwanted application. It presents the users with more than 7.500 cursor options and for some this may seem as a very very useful service. Its official page is www.cursormania.com/dl/index.jhtml which is also the source of this infection.
It is compatible with Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome. Despite the fact that it looks promising and tempting, we urge you not to download it and to remove CursorMania Toolbar if it is already in your computer.
What does CursorMania Toolbar do?
Even though the toolbar can be downloaded directly, it often travels bundled with freeware or even malicious software. If you noticed this toolbar in your computer, you need to check your system for further threats. Such applications are often distributed together with free of charge software and this toolbar is no exception. The users make this marketing method very effective, because they typically do not follow the installation process. Next time you acquire freeware, make sure to choose Advanced or Custom option. Also, do not forget to read the entire software license agreement and to deselect all additional applications.
Once it enters your computer, the toolbar will change your home page and default search engine to Ask.com. Since CursorMania Toolbar takes over your browsers, it also controls your search results. The hijacker earns money by promoting the third parties’ websites. Consequently, after clicking one of the links in your search results, you may be easily routed to a suspicious website. The truth is that the possibility to get infected with malware greatly increases while this toolbar is inside your system. Do not risk your computer’s safety and get rid of CursorMania Toolbar.
Another highly annoying feature of this toolbar is the advertisements. You will see numerous ads which will definitely disturb your browsing and will prove to be very irritating and intrusive. Also, you should know that the advertisements may seem useful, however they are just as dangerous as the additional links in the search results. Avoid clicking them and concentrate on CursorMania Toolbar removal.
How to remove CursorMania Toolbar?
Even though it is possible to uninstall CursorMania Toolbar through Control Panel, this removal option will not delete the intruder completely. It will only terminate CursorMania Toolbar from Internet Explorer and you will still need to take care of Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox browsers. For that we suggest to follow detailed instructions provided below. If you do not wish to waste your time, we recommend to install a reputable anti-spyware and use it to delete CursorMania Toolbar from your computer.
Delete CursorMania Toolbar
- Open Start menu in order to access Control Panel.
- Select Add or Remove programs and erase CursorMania Toolbar.
Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Tap the Start button on the Taskbar and open Control Panel.
- Choose Uninstall a program and uninstall CursorMania Toolbar from your system.
- At the same time click Windows key + R and type in Control Panel.
- Click Enter and choose Uninstall a program.
- Uninstall CursorMania Toolbar from your computer.
Remove CursorMania Toolbar from your browsers
- Press Ctrl+Shift+A together and select Extensions.
- Locate and remove all suspicious extensions. Close the tab.
- Click Alt+T and access Options.
- Replace the home page with the one you prefer (in the General tab).
- Choose OK and leave the menu.
- Click the search icon and select Manage Search engines.
- Delete the unwanted search engine and choose your new default search engine.
- Click OK.
- At the same time press Alt+F. Move to Tools.
- Select Extensions and delete the undesirable extensions.
- Choose Settings. Afterwards, click Open a page or a set of pages under On startup.
- Tap Set pages, remove the current home page and choose another.
- Click OK and select Manage Search Engines under search.
- Replace the current search engine with a new one.
- Click Done and restart this browser. Download Removal Toolto remove CursorMania Toolbar
PC-Threats Recommended Software
Malwarebytes is a high quality anti-malware application that promises to protect the users from malware attacks. We are of the opinion that you will find this software easy to use and will experience ... MoreDownload
Spyhunter is a powerful anti-malware utility that can take care of your computer system. It works both as malware prevention and removal tool. Spyhunter is user-friendly and has an interface that is v... MoreDownload
STOPzilla is a trustworthy anti-malware application that can detect, block and remove malicious programs from your PC. It is capable of dealing with Trojans, spyware, ransomware, browser hijackers, po... MoreDownload