Chrome Redirect Virus Removal Guide
Chrome redirect virus, also known as Alureon Trojan or TDSS Rootkit, is an intrusive Google Chrome hijacker that can cause all sorts of disturbances. The application can alter your browser settings, block well-known and trustworthy sites like Google.com and Yahoo.com, alter hosts file and proxy settings, and so on.
Chrome redirect virus is often classified as a Trojan horse, because of all the side effects that it causes. It is distributed using a variety of different tricks like spam emails, social engineering scams, bundled freeware and so on. You may not have even noticed how you ended up with the infection, however, now that you know you have it in your system, you need to uninstall Chrome redirect virus as soon as you can.
How does Chrome redirect virus work?
Chrome redirect virus only affects Google Chrome browser, however, there are other versions of this threat that are specifically aimed at Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and other popular web browsers. The infection can enter your system if you download a spam email attachment or follow a corrupted link. You may also infect your PC by downloading free software from unreliable sources or trusting fake ads that appear on your screen.
Once you get infected, the redirect virus starts its malicious processes. You will notice an increased amount of commercial data in your browsers. You will also get constantly redirected to unfamiliar sites in the middle of your browsing sessions. Some of the websites that the hijacker has been associated with include comparedby.us, searchqu.com, youporn.com and more. Needless to say, these websites are not reliable. By visiting them you can get stuck with even more malware and spyware. You may also unwittingly disclose your personal data to online schemers. That could result in financial losses which is why we urge you to terminate Chrome redirect virus without hesitation.
How to remove Chrome redirect virus?
Manual Chrome redirect virus removal is a long and complicated process. It may not be entirely effective, because the clandestine threat could have already installed other malicious files onto your PC. That is why we recommend that you implement a malware removal tool and eliminate Chrome redirect virus automatically. Download the anti-malware utility and let it take care of your computer. The software will not only delete Chrome redirect virus and all of its files, but also shield your system from similar parasites in the future. If, however, you are determined to remove Chrome redirect virus manually, you can use the instructions presented below.
Chrome Redirect Virus Removal
1) Modify Google Chrome proxy settings
- Open your browser and click on the menu
- Choose Settings and click Show advanced settings
- Go to Network and select Change proxy settings
- Select Connections tab and click on LAN settings
- Un-check the box under Proxy server and click OK
2) Change TCP/IP configurations
- Click on Start and go to Control Panel
- Select Networks Connection
- Go to Local Area Connection
- Choose Properties
- Double-click on Protocol (TCP/IP)
- Tick Obtain an IP address automatically
- Also tick Obtain DNS server address automatically
- Click OK to save changes
- Click Start and open Control Panel
- Search for “adapter”
- Click on View network connections
- Right-click on the selected connection
- Select Properties
- Choose Obtain an IP address automatically
- Also check Obtain DNS server address automatically
- Click OK to save modifications
- Open Start menu and select Control Panel
- Click on Network and Internet
- Move to Network and Sharing Center
- Click Manage network connections
- Right-click on the selected connection
- Open Properties and go to Networking tab
- Select Obtain an IP address automatically
- And choose Obtain DNS server address automatically
- Click OK to save made changes
3) Edit the Hosts file
- Go to C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc.
- Open hosts file using Notepad
- Move to the end of the text
- Erase all lines after “127.0.01 localhost” or “::1″
- Close the file and click Yes to save changes
4) Delete Chrome redirect virus from the browser
- Open Google Chrome and click on the menu
- Select Settings and click Show advanced settings
- Click on Reset settings and select Reset
PC-Threats Recommended Software
Malwarebytes is a high quality anti-malware application that promises to protect the users from malware attacks. We are of the opinion that you will find this software easy to use and will experience ... MoreDownload
Spyhunter is a powerful anti-malware utility that can take care of your computer system. It works both as malware prevention and removal tool. Spyhunter is user-friendly and has an interface that is v... MoreDownload
STOPzilla is a trustworthy anti-malware application that can detect, block and remove malicious programs from your PC. It is capable of dealing with Trojans, spyware, ransomware, browser hijackers, po... MoreDownload