What is Binkiland Search?
Binkiland Search is a very suspicious application classified as a browser hijacker and maintained by IronSource Ltd. It is compatible with all major browsers, including Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome. When it enters a new computer, the hijacker changes user’s home page and default search engine to Binkiland.com which allows the intruder to control your searches. Despite the fact that it is not possible to download Binkiland Search directly, it has many users and is successfully distributed. We suggest you to read this article, so that you can find out why you should not use this engine and why you need to delete Binkiland Search.
What does Binkiland Search do?
The first thing that should make you really suspicious of this application is the changed browsers’ settings. Consequently, you will be forced to use a highly unreliable search engine. The Satrtup page will always present you with a bunch of advertisements which will most likely have nothing in common with your interests. The ads may suggest scans for your PC, to participate in a survey, to play games, and so on. We advise to stay away from these ads, because they are hardly trustworthy. The hijacker generates revenue for every click on the promoted website and it does not care about your system’s safety. You may be easily routed to a malicious page after clicking the ad and get infected with malware. Before that happens, you should remove Binkiland Search.
You should also know that in order to display the ads, this hijacker uses adclick.g.doubleclick.net server. This tool is very well know for the users who often run into suspicious programs. This association alone proves that you cannot trust this software and that you need to get rid of Binkiland Search.
Knowing all this about the hijacker, you should not be surprised to learn that it uses deceptive and secretive method to enter your computer. This application travels together with freeware and if you frequently download it from suspicious pages, you are likely to encounter Binkiland Search. In the future, we recommend to use only official pages. However, for know, you should just focus and terminate Binkiland Search from your system.
How to remove Binkiland Search?
If you do not trust your knowledge concerning Binkiland Search removal, you should follow the directions that are presented below. These guidelines were prepared by our researchers for the users who may have problems with manual Binkiland Search removal. However, you can also erase Binkiland Search automatically. For this option, you will need a professional anti-spyware. If you already have one in your system, scan your PC with it. Otherwise, you will need to purchase a legitimate security tool beforehand.
Delete Binkiland Search
Uninstall from Windows Vista and Windows 7
- Click Start button.
- Choose Control Panel.
- Open Uninstall a program.
- Uninstall Binkiland Search.
Uninstall from Windows 8
- Press Windows key+R.
- Type in Control Panel and click OK.
- Choose Uninstall a program.
- Uninstall Binkiland Search.
Uninstall from Windows XP
- Access Start menu.
- Select Control Panel.
- Tap Add or Remove programs.
- Remove Binkiland Search.
Delete Binkiland Search from your browsers
Remove from Mozilla Firefox
- Press Ctrl+Shift+A at the same time and choose Extensions.
- Locate and uninstall all unknown extensions.
- Press Alt+T and access Options.
- Replace the home page with your preferred one in the General tab.
- Tap OK and leave this menu.
- Click the search icon (in the search box) and select Manage Search engines.
- Delete the suspicious search engine and choose a new one.
- Click OK.
Remove from Google Chrome
- Tap Alt+F together and choose Tools.
- Go to Extensions and get rid of the unwanted extensions.
- Choose Settings and press Open a page or a set of pages (under On startup).
- Select Set pages, remove the current home page and select a new one instead.
- Click OK and move to Manage Search Engines (under search).
- Change/remove the search engine.
- Click Done and restart Google Chrome.
Remove from Internet Explorer
- Press Alt+X and choose Manage add-ons.
- In the Toolbars and Extensions, delete all unwanted extensions.
- Click Search Providers and replace the current search engine with a new one.
- Save the changes and close the window.
- Press Alt+X one more time and open Internet Options.
- In the General tab, remove your current home page and select a new one.
- Click OK.
PC-Threats Recommended Software
Malwarebytes is a high quality anti-malware application that promises to protect the users from malware attacks. We are of the opinion that you will find this software easy to use and will experience ... MoreDownload
Spyhunter is a powerful anti-malware utility that can take care of your computer system. It works both as malware prevention and removal tool. Spyhunter is user-friendly and has an interface that is v... MoreDownload
STOPzilla is a trustworthy anti-malware application that can detect, block and remove malicious programs from your PC. It is capable of dealing with Trojans, spyware, ransomware, browser hijackers, po... MoreDownload