Babylon Toolbar Removal Instructions
Owned by Babylon Ltd, Babylon Toolbar is promoted as a free translation application. Supposedly, you will be provided with 2 thousands dictionaries and 75 languages. Unfortunately, no matter how promising all of this sounds, this toolbar is classified as a browser hijacker and thus should not be trusted.
We recommend to delete Babylon Toolbar as soon as possible.
What does Babylon Toolbar do?
It is possible to install Babylon Toolbar from its official website babylon.com or popular download page CNET. However, it seems that this toolbar also travels together with freeware. This distribution method is called ‘bundling’ and is often used by suspicious software. If you see Babylon Toolbar in your computer and you do not remember downloading it, it means that it entered your PC together with free of charge software and that you may have some other potentiality unwanted application in your system too. We recommend to use a legitimate computer security software to delete Babylon Toolbar and to scan your entire PC for further threats.
After this application infiltrates your computer, it will start the suspicious activities. First of all, the hijacker may modify your browsers’ settings and prevent you from undoing the changes. If that happens, you need to be very careful with the provided search results. The intruder can easily alter the search results by adding the additional links which will route you the promoted pages. Moreover, such links will probably appear at the top of your search results making you click them. The hijacker does that in order to direct traffic to the sponsored websites, however for you such manipulations mean more time spent filtering through the search results.
Besides the additional links, Babylon Toolbar will also show you commercial ads. Just like before, the aim is to redirect you to predetermined pages. The biggest problem is that the promoted third parties are unknown. If you click the infected ad and find yourself in a malicious website, you will probably install virus, keylogger, worm, Trojans, or some other kind of malware. As if that would not be enough, the software may also record your online activities and customize the ads. In order to remove the temptation to click the provided advertisements, you need to perform Babylon Toolbar removal.
How to remove Babylon Toolbar?
If you are an not a computer expert, we advise to use a legitimate anti-spyware to delete Babylon Toolbar. For the users who are determined to eliminate Babylon Toolbar manually, we prepared guidelines. You will find detailed and very clear instructions on how to terminate Babylon Toolbar from your PC under this article.
Uninstall Babylon Toolbar
- Click Windows key + R simultaneously and type in Control Panel.
- Tap Enter and move to Uninstall a program.
- Uninstall Babylon Toolbar from your system.
Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Choose Start and open Control Panel.
- In the Uninstall a program, find and terminate Babylon Toolbar.
- Access Start menu and click Control Panel.
- Select Add or Remove programs and remove Babylon Toolbar from the list.
Erase Babylon Toolbar from your browsers
- Press Ctrl+Shift+A and choose Extensions.
- Delete all suspicious extensions and close the tab.
- Press Alt+T and go to Options.
- Change/remove the home page (in the General tab).
- Click OK and leave the menu.
- Select the search icon and open Manage Search engines.
- Delete/change the unwanted search engines and click OK.
- Press Alt+F and access Tools.
- Open Extensions and remove the unwanted extensions.
- Click Settings and choose Open a page or a set of pages.
- Select Set pages and delete/change the home page.
- Click OK and go to Manage Search Engines.
- Change/remove the search engine.
- Tap Done and restart the browser.
- Press Alt+X and access Manage add-ons.
- In the Toolbars and Extensions, eliminate all unwanted extensions.
- Click Search Providers and change/remove the unwanted search engine.
- Save changes and close the window.
- Click Alt+X and open Internet Options.
- In the General tab, delete/change your home page.
- Click OK.
PC-Threats Recommended Software
Malwarebytes is a high quality anti-malware application that promises to protect the users from malware attacks. We are of the opinion that you will find this software easy to use and will experience ... MoreDownload
Spyhunter is a powerful anti-malware utility that can take care of your computer system. It works both as malware prevention and removal tool. Spyhunter is user-friendly and has an interface that is v... MoreDownload
STOPzilla is a trustworthy anti-malware application that can detect, block and remove malicious programs from your PC. It is capable of dealing with Trojans, spyware, ransomware, browser hijackers, po... MoreDownload