ActionClassicGames Toolbar Removal Guide
Computer experts usually categorize ActionClassicGames Toolbar as a potentially unwanted application. Developed by the infamous Mindspark Interactive Network, Inc., the software can be downloaded from its official website actionclassicgames.com, however it is also often distributed in freeware bundles.
The main reason users are unhappy with this software is the fact that it changes their settings in Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox the moment it enters their system. If you also have this toolbar in your PC and wish to get rid of it, we advise to read the following report to find out how to uninstall ActionClassicGames Toolbar from your computer.
What does ActionClassicGames Toolbar do?
As we said, even though it is possible to acquire this application from its official site, in many cases users install it accidentally together with some kind of free software from unofficial and thus untrustworthy source. Keep in mind that potentially undesirable programs are used very often to monetize free downloads. As a result, you need to be more careful during freeware installations, if you want to avoid similar infiltrations in the future. From now on, always pick either Advanced or Custom installation option and read through the entire software license agreement. When you notice the additional software, deselect it.
If the intruder managed to sneak in, you must see an annoying toolbar in all of your browsers. It provides you with a search box, and several shortcuts to Popular Games, Versus Games, Facebook, and so on. We do not recommend clicking these links, because it is possible that you will end up in a suspicious page. Instead, you should delete ActionClassicGames Toolbar.
Another thing that you will notice after the software enters your PC is the altered home page and default search engine. Instead of your usual websites you will see home.tb.ask.com and search.tb.ask.com. While Ask.com is obviously a legitimate search engine which will provide you with genuine search results, you still should not put too much trust in it. Ask.com is known for presenting users with sponsored results. Just like with the shortcuts provided by the toolbar, you need to remember that the links can direct you to suspicious pages, where you will get infected with yet another unwanted software or even malware. Do not take such risks and erase ActionClassicGames Toolbar.
How to remove ActionClassicGames Toolbar?
In order to get rid of ActionClassicGames Toolbar, you will need to choose between automatic or manual removal option. For the first choice you will need to download a reliable anti-spyware and use it to delete ActionClassicGames Toolbar. However, you can also eliminate ActionClassicGames Toolbar manually. The instructions on how to achieve this, you will find under this article.
Terminate ActionClassicGames Toolbar
Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Press Start and tap Control Panel.
- Open Uninstall a program and uninstall ActionClassicGames Toolbar.
- Tap Start menu and click Control Panel.
- Select Add or Remove programs and remove ActionClassicGames Toolbar.
- Press Windows key + R simultaneously and type in Control Panel.
- Tap Enter and click Uninstall a program.
- Find and uninstall ActionClassicGames Toolbar.
Erase ActionClassicGames Toolbar from your browsers
- Press the Gear icon and choose Internet Options.
- Overwrite your home page on the General tab.
- Click the Gear icon and tap Manage Add-ons.
- In Toolbars and Extensions delete unwanted add-ons.
- Go to Search Providers and change/remove your search engine.
- Click on the menu and select Options.
- Move to General tab and overwrite your home page.
- Go to Search tab and replace your current search provider with another.
- Press the menu icon again and open Add-ons.
- Delete unwanted extensions.
- Click on the menu and open Settings.
- Click Set pages and remove/change your home page.
- Under Search, choose Manage search engine.
- Overwrite a search engine.
- In the Extensions, uninstall useless add-ons.
PC-Threats Recommended Software
Malwarebytes is a high quality anti-malware application that promises to protect the users from malware attacks. We are of the opinion that you will find this software easy to use and will experience ... MoreDownload
Spyhunter is a powerful anti-malware utility that can take care of your computer system. It works both as malware prevention and removal tool. Spyhunter is user-friendly and has an interface that is v... MoreDownload
STOPzilla is a trustworthy anti-malware application that can detect, block and remove malicious programs from your PC. It is capable of dealing with Trojans, spyware, ransomware, browser hijackers, po... MoreDownload