What is Omiga Plus?
Omiga Plus, also known as isearch.omiga-plus.com, is a browser hijacker that was created by Taiwan Shui Mu Chih Ching Technology Ltd. It is very similar to another well know hijacker developed by the same company and named Qone8.com. This application enters your computer without your knowledge and starts unauthorized activities. It easily changes settings in all major browsers (Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox) and sometimes even alters their shortcuts. The software is closely related to potentially unreliable third parties and thus we recommend to delete Omiga Plus as soon as you notice it inside your computer.
What does Omiga Plus do?
This application is promoted as a useful tool which “helps you organize your desktop and hide your icons when they’re not in use”. However, the true goal of this hijacker is to create traffic to the affiliate websites. For this reason it takes over your home page and default search engine and uses this opportunity to display as many promoted links and ads as possible. From the moment the intruder comes to your system, you will be forced to use unreliable search engine and consequently will be presented with suspicious search results that will be mixed with ads and links from the promoted third parties. It is hard to know for sure which links are trustworthy and which are not. Since Omiga Plus does not check the third parties, it is entirely possible that you will stumble upon an infected link and will be routed to the malicious website. To prevent this dangerous outcome, we advise to terminate Omiga Plus.
However, this intruder may not only expose your system to the untrustworthy third parties, it may also share your information. It tracks your online activities, including browsing history and search queries and uses it to make the ads and links more appealing to you. You also should know about the clandestine manner in which this hijacker is distributed. This infection enters your computer together with freeware like Desk 365 and SoftStud. The creators of Omiga Plus know that users do no follow the installation procedure and use this negligence to spread their products. Be more attentive when you install free of charge software in the future and get rid of Omiga Plus, if it already sneaked into your PC.
How to remove Omiga Plus?
If this hijacker entered your PC, you should delete Omiga Plus from y0ur computer as soon as possible.This is not a reliable software and you put your computer in jeopardy, if you allow it to stay in your system. Instead of using it, you should erase Omiga Plus from your PC using either automatic or manual method. You will find manual Omiga Plus removal instructions under this article. If you would rather use a legitimate security too, you should install an authentic anti-spyware and remove Omiga Plus with it.
Delete Omiga Plus
Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Click Start and open Control Panel.
- In the Uninstall a program, remove Omiga Plus.
- Open Start so that you would be able to accesses Control Panel.
- Select Add or Remove programs and remove Omiga Plus.
- Click Windows key + R at the same time and enter Control Panel.
- Press OK and go to Uninstall a program.
- Uninstall Omiga Plus.
Eliminate Omiga Plus form your browsers
- Tap the Gear icon to open menu and choose Internet Options.
- Overwrite the home page in the General tab.
- Click the Gear icon and select Manage Add-ons.
- In Toolbars and Extensions, delete unwanted add-ons.
- In Search Providers, set a new search engine instead of the old one.
- Access the menu and open Settings.
- Click Set pages and delete the current home page and designate a new one.
- Open Search and select Manage search engine.
- Choose another search provider and remove the one you do not trust.
- Move to Extensions and erase unreliable extensions.
- Tap the menu and access Options.
- Navigate to General tab and replace your home page with another one.
- Click Search tab and change your search engine.
- Open the menu and go to Add-ons.
- Terminate the suspicious extensions.
PC-Threats Recommended Software
Malwarebytes is a high quality anti-malware application that promises to protect the users from malware attacks. We are of the opinion that you will find this software easy to use and will experience ... MoreDownload
Spyhunter is a powerful anti-malware utility that can take care of your computer system. It works both as malware prevention and removal tool. Spyhunter is user-friendly and has an interface that is v... MoreDownload
STOPzilla is a trustworthy anti-malware application that can detect, block and remove malicious programs from your PC. It is capable of dealing with Trojans, spyware, ransomware, browser hijackers, po... MoreDownload