Key-find.com Removal Instructions
By many computer experts, Key-find.com is categorized as a browser hijacker which is very similar to nationzoom.com, aartemis.com, or oawesomehp.com. It uses deceptive marketing method called ‘bundling’ to enter your computer and immediately changes settings in all your favorite browsers, including Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome. The intruder also modifies your Target line which makes the Key-find.com removal quite difficult.
If you determined that this intruder is in your system, you need to take action at once. Read the following article to find out more about this application and to understand why we are so adamant that you need to delete Key-find.com from your computer.
What does Key-find.com do?
There are many reasons why you should terminate Key-find.com. Let us start with the changed home page and default search engine. The new search tool may not look threatening, however you should not trust it. If you prefer Google Chrome browser, your searches will be directed to search.webssearches.com, however, if you normally use Mozilla Firefox you will see the results from searches.safehomepage.com. The fact that this search tool does not perform searches should make you question the real intentions of this application. You should also know that it will alter your search results by adding sponsored links and ads that belong to the promoted third parties. While the software advertises these pages, it does not check them or monitor their reliability. Do not let this application, which so clearly does not care about your system’s safety, stay in your PC. Delete Key-find.com now.
Additionally, this hijacker brings alongside a bunch of other unwanted applications. For example, it installs Quick Start extension which means that you will see this page every time you open a new tab in your browsers. Also, this hijacker can install adware helper and another potentially unwanted applications (PUA) too. The helper will probably appear as a system process wprotectmanager.exe, while the PUA is called SupTab. As if that would not be enough, it also modifies your Target line. To fix this, you need to follow our instructions provided below this article. All in all, it is obvious that it is not a trustworthy software and that it is in your best interest to eliminate Key-find.com from your computer.
How to remove Key-find.com?
Our research team prepared step by step guidelines which will explain how to terminate Key-find.com. However, you also can choose automatic Key-find.com removal. Simply buy an authentic and up-to date computer security software and let it remove Key-find.com for your. The anti-spyware will manage to keep your PC safe from future threats too.
Fix the Target line
- Right-click the browser’s shortcut and pick Properties.
- Go to the Target line and delete the hijacker’s URL.
- Firstly, right-click on the Metro UI screen.
- Choose All apps to access a menu and click Control Panel.
- Open Uninstall a program and right-click the undesirable program.
- Click Uninstall to erase Key-find.com.
Windows Vista or Windows 7
- Click the Windows logo (on the Taskbar) and access the Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and right-click the program you want to remove.
- Click Uninstall and uninstall Key-find.com.
- Tap the Start button to open a menu and choose Control Panel.
- Double-click Add or Remove Programs and open Change or Remove Programs.
- Click and get rid of Key-find.com.
Terminate Key-find.com from your browsers
- Open the menu and select Options.
- In the General tab, replace your home page with the one you trust.
- Choose Search tab and set a new search provider and remove the old one.
- Click on the menu again and go to Add-ons.
- Delete the suspicious extensions.
- Tap the menu and click Settings.
- Select Set pages and set your new home page after you removed the unreliable website.
- Under Search, click Manage search engine and overwrite the search provider.
- Go to Extensions and remove unwanted add-ons.
- Click the Gear icon and select Internet Options.
- Replace your current home page with the one you prefer (on the General tab).
- Move to Gear icon once more and choose Manage Add-ons.
- In Toolbars and Extensions, delete the undesirable add-ons.
- Select Search Providers and set a new search engine (delete the old one).
PC-Threats Recommended Software
Malwarebytes is a high quality anti-malware application that promises to protect the users from malware attacks. We are of the opinion that you will find this software easy to use and will experience ... MoreDownload
Spyhunter is a powerful anti-malware utility that can take care of your computer system. It works both as malware prevention and removal tool. Spyhunter is user-friendly and has an interface that is v... MoreDownload
STOPzilla is a trustworthy anti-malware application that can detect, block and remove malicious programs from your PC. It is capable of dealing with Trojans, spyware, ransomware, browser hijackers, po... MoreDownload