Dounty.com Removal Instructions
Dounty.com is yet another browser hijacker that attacks Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox. The application mostly targets Portuguese speaking countries like Brazil or Portugal. Once it enters computer, it changes user’s home page and default search engine to br.search.yahoo.com without permission.
Computer experts also noticed that this particular hijacker often works alongside BRApp adware. It appears that this intruder is just as dangerous as other similar applications and thus you should not delay and delete Dounty.com as soon as you can.
What does Dounty.com do?
If you suspect that Dounty.com entered your computer, you should be very careful with your searches. The main goal of this intruder is to direct as much traffic as possible to the affiliate websites. In order to do that, the application alters your search results scattering sponsored links and advertisements among them. Instead of orderly results, you will see a frustrating mix of promoted links and suspicious looking ads. Needless to say, it will take you a long time to filter through them and even then, there is no guarantee that the chosen link will be safe, because the hijacker does not check the promoted links or ads before displaying them to you. Basically, as long as this intruder is in your system, you may get exposed to the malicious third parties at any time. The only way to protect your PC is to eliminate Dounty.com.
At first glance, some users find the presented ads useful and interesting, since Dounty.com manages to customize them. From the very first minute it enters your system, the software tracks your Internet activities and collects as much data about your habits and interests as possible. As a result, it is able to generate the advertisements that are sure to draw your attention. However, before clicking any of them, remember that the ads are not safe and careless behavior may result in malware infection, identity theft or monetary loss. We advise not to risk the safety of your system and remove Dounty.com.
Finally, you should not ignore the fact that this intruder probably entered your computer hidden in a freeware bundle. Never trust a software which uses such clandestine manner to sneak into your system. Instead of allowing it to stay and cause you troubles, you should take care of Dounty.com removal immediately.
How to remove Dounty.com?
The fact that this hijacker managed to sneak into your system indicates that you do not have a reliable anti-spyware or that it is outdated. We advise to purchase a powerful and legitimate computer security tool and to let it uninstall Dounty.com. Of course, you may also attempt to remove Dounty.com manually. Under this article, you will find detailed instructions prepared by our researchers which should explain to you how to get rid of Dounty.com by yourself.
- Click Start button on the Taskbar and choose Control Panel.
- Move the cursor to Add or Remove programs and remove Dounty.com.
Windows Vista and Windows 7
- Open Start menu in order to access Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and delete Dounty.com.
- Right-click the bottom right corner of your desktop and open Settings.
- Select Control Panel and choose Uninstall a program.
- Terminate Dounty.com from your computer.
Erase Dounty.com from your browsers
- Simultaneously press Ctrl+Shift+A and choose Extensions.
- Find and delete all suspicious extensions and close the tab.
- Click Alt+T and go to Options.
- Change the home page with the one you prefer (in the General tab).
- Tap OK and leave the menu.
- Click the icon in the search box and select Manage Search engines.
- Delete the unwanted search engine and set your new default search engine.
- Click OK.
- Press Alt+F and go to Tools.
- Select Extensions and delete the unwanted ones.
- Choose Settings and click Open a page or a set of pages (under On startup).
- Press Set pages, delete the current home page and select another one.
- Tap OK and click Manage Search Engines under search.
- Delete the current search engine and select a new one.
- Choose Done and restart the browser.
- Click Alt+X and move to Manage add-ons.
- Go to Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all unwanted extensions.
- Press Search Providers and remove/change your search tool.
- Save changes and close the window.
- Press Alt+X and navigate to Internet Options.
- Delete your current home page and select a new one in the General tab.
- Click OK.
PC-Threats Recommended Software
Malwarebytes is a high quality anti-malware application that promises to protect the users from malware attacks. We are of the opinion that you will find this software easy to use and will experience ... MoreDownload
Spyhunter is a powerful anti-malware utility that can take care of your computer system. It works both as malware prevention and removal tool. Spyhunter is user-friendly and has an interface that is v... MoreDownload
STOPzilla is a trustworthy anti-malware application that can detect, block and remove malicious programs from your PC. It is capable of dealing with Trojans, spyware, ransomware, browser hijackers, po... MoreDownload